Hancock sale and LB question

Carol

FYI: I was in Hancock Fabrics this week; they had a 30%-off sale on Cotton-Ease (which I heard is being discontinued).

But, speaking of discontinued, have you checked out the LB website lately? Many colors of many of the yarns, including kitchen cotton and Imagine and others, are being discontinued; other whole lines have been discontinued. It's making me nervous. Does anybody know what's up with LB? Where are they going to put their focus now?

I understand the need to strike while the iron's hot with novelties, et al, but there will also be a need (and a desire!) for the basics. Where else can we get a cotton/acrylic yarn?

I think if they're just discontinuing colors that it's because the change in seasons and the new colors expected to be big next season will be coming out soon.

If they're discontinuing yarns I figure they must not be selling as well as expected but they'll always come out with a new yarn to take it's place.

Of course these are just assumptions and could be way off.:)

There was also a 30% off sale at my local Hancock Fabrics on LB Polarspun. I don't know if it's being discontinued or not, but it was a good price....

Archived