Crochet Garden

Lara's Heirloom Garter - my little sister :)

My sister is getting married this weekend, and the entire wedding for the most part is handmade, including her dress. I jumped in and volunteered to make her garter. I really hope she likes it.. I am worried it may be too lacy for her style, but who knows :)

It is a Catholic wedding, and so I added the cross since I know they are very religious. I also added 2 bows on each side, each with a light blue Swarovski pearl in the center. The pearl on each side of the cross was done purposely- each pearl signifies one of them, with the cross between uniting them.

The cross then can be removed, and used for their first child's baptism and passed down with tradition.

garter-001.jpg

garter-004.jpg

garter-005.jpg

garter-007.jpg

Edited by Crochet Garden

a beautiful heirloom! it is hard to find beautil items that are crocheted for a wedding. you have created a superb piece!

Oh my, absolutely gorgeous!! Congratulations on such a lovely piece!

Wow, that's beautiful. I would love the pattern to this. This is the first garter I've seen that I really like. I would love to make one like it for my wedding next summer.

Beautiful!!! It will be treasured forever. You should consider selling the pattern if this is yours.

Beautiful! It's absolutely perfect!

BTW, I love your signature line! Ian Malcolm is one of my favorite characters of the past 20 years or so...although Dr. Sattler got him with that line! :lol

Thank you everyone for the kind comments! I worked on this garter for so long, ripping over and over and over trying to come up with something really beautiful for my baby sis.. and yesterday then design began to take shape and this is what it turned out to be :) I finally finished it at 3 am last night.

Beautiful!!! It will be treasured forever. You should consider selling the pattern if this is yours.

Since posting this here and other venues, I have had several requests already that I write up the pattern for this- so, looks like I may just do that :) One of my testers said when I get back after this weekend, she is not going to let me breathe until I write it up, so I may not have a choice! :)

I think I will make this into a set, and add one for toss to it.

Wow, that's beautiful. I would love the pattern to this. This is the first garter I've seen that I really like. I would love to make one like it for my wedding next summer.
Your wish shall come true :)

I thought maybe it was too lacy, but it seems that people really like this :)

Thank you again everyone for your sweet comments and taking the time to look!

BTW, I love your signature line! Ian Malcolm is one of my favorite characters of the past 20 years or so...although Dr. Sattler got him with that line!
I have had this sig since day one here at the 'ville, and still makes me laugh every time I think about it!!!

gorgeous garter..

Not a shock or even a surprise that this is a hit. Not to mention that it is absolutely beautiful. Lisa you do fabulous work and I cannot wait until it is available for us to buy. Keep up the great work :clap I always look forward to new patterns from you.

Jeanie

aka: GrammyT

What a lovely piece of work! I'm so happy for you that you finally came up with something beautiful, it can get discouraging to frog and frog and frog...

I absolutely LOVE this! It's stunning. I'd buy this pattern to make for my daughters for when they get married...they're only 10 and 11 right now so you have some time. :)

I'm sure your sister will love it and the sentiment behind the pearls and cross is touching.

Shelley

It is absolutely gorgeous and I just love the symbolism and the sentiment. I'm sure it will be a treasured heiloom that she can hand down to her own daughters some day.

Debby

My goodness!! THAT IS GORGEOUS!!!! I have seen many pretty crochet garters, but this one, it's just beautiful!! And the sentiment behind it, just lovely!! :manyheart

Beautiful! Please let us know when you get the pattern up and available!

I'm sure your sister will love it. I'm not a big fan of lots of lace, and I think this is beautiful! Very elegant without being overdone.

You did a lovely job on it!!