A simple request - Update

cajunwhacko

Update: Thank you again to everyone who has offered to send Aunt Millie a birthday card. I just wanted to ask, if you're able to put the card in a second envelope that has my address, that would be great. That way she can spend her time enjoying them and not trying to figure out why they have some stranger's address on them :think If you can't for some reason that's fine, but I thought it would be nice to keep the envelopes nice for her. :D

Thank you everybody!

My great great (is that enough greats?) aunt Millie is about to have her 100th birthday. She's been in a nursing home for the last few years, and unfortunately she doesn't recognize anyone anymore. She takes her walk down the hall every day though, and she loves to take out cards and look at them.

Your mission, should you chose to accept it, is to send a birthday card to this dear lady. 100 years is a big deal, and I'd like her to get some enjoyment out of this special day. Unfortunately, the usual birthday celebration (family, friends, etc) isn't going to do it. I'm hoping that enough people will be willing to send cards that she'll end up with quite a collection to mark the occassion. And I know she'll love to be able to take them out and look at them.

I know everyone is busy with comfortghans and such, but I'm hoping that this is a simple enough thing that people will be able to do it. Just spending a dollar or two on a pretty card to send will help make her birthday a truly special day for her, and she definitely deserves one.

I'm sure I'm repeating myself, but exhaustion is combining with memories of staying at her house, and her 'small' pieces of the best pie on earth ('small' to her was 1/3 of the pie instead of 1/2 lol)

So, if there's anybody willing to do this for Aunt Millie, please send me a PM so I can give you my address (then I can forward the cards on, so I don't have to spread her address around.)

Thanks everybody!

What a wonderful & thoughtful thing for you to do for your Aunt! I will be happy to send her a card for her 100th birthday!!! Just PM me her address! Also, did you know if you go to http://www.whitehouse.gov there's a link there for you to request a birthday greeting sent to your aunt from the President. They do it for 50th wedding anniversaries, birthdays (I'm not sure of the starting age but do know 100 is definately there!). Here's the link

White House Greetings Maybe you aren't a fan of President Bush, but it's not the political aspect that is the point, it's the point that President Bush (his staff) actually take the time to send these cards out to special recipients. Maybe your aunt will know who he is, and maybe not, but it's always fun to keep it as a remembrance. I have the ones from both my parents birthdays and their 50th wedding anniversary.

Count me in too :) Please send me Millie's address. I just love the name Millie. I'm entering a writing contest for children's books this fall and the manuscript I'm working on is about a girl named "Millie". Anyway, I'm babbling...please include me in this wonderful celebration :)

Donna

Should we just address the envelope with the card in it to "Aunt Millie" or just leave it blank?

I got to thinking about that, and I think if you want to address it "Aunt Millie" that would be great. :D

Y'all are so great :manyheart

Evelyn and Natalie, I got your cards for Aunt Millie today! Thank you very very much! :clap

If there's anyone else who I was supposed to send the addy, just give me a holler and I'll get it out to you. :D

mine went out today instead of when I first said it would. I am so sorry. And of course, I read the part about putting it in a separate envelope AFTER i sent it. But alas, all the kids signed it :)

mine went out today instead of when I first said it would. I am so sorry. And of course, I read the part about putting it in a separate envelope AFTER i sent it. But alas, all the kids signed it :)

LOL The fact that you sent it is the important thing! Thanks for taking the time to get her a card. That's great that all the kids signed it too. I would love to see her reaction to all these wonderful cards, hopefully we'll hear something and I can share with everyone.

Thanks again!

Archived