(Page 11 Updated Pics)Daughter On The Liver Transplant List

Lesalicious

Grrrr I just didn't like say that but, my daughter Nesa is now on the liver transplant list. Most of you may know about my daughter Nesa. A couple of you sent my daughter some pretty squares to do her a blanket last year and it turned out lovely. She still carries that blanket with her to the hossy.

But, now that she is on the liver transplant list and that we there more then we was last year wanted to do her another blanket but,

I now wanted to try to do my daughter a blanket with words on it. That says.

"My Lovely Girl Nesa" as the center piece of the blanket with squares going around the blanket. For my daughter to take to the hossy everytime she goes.

So was hoping to get some great people to help me out with the squares because aint not telling if I tried to do this blanket how long it would take by myself. I would like to get started on the center piece of my daughter's blanket.

I wasn't to happy to hear that my daughter has to now have a liver transplant. She is now 6 years old just turn 6 on June 10th. She has been having some small day surgeries all of this year to help close up the viens in her chest down to ther stomach but, now the dr's think that they will bleed and they wanting her to get on the liver transplant list. That was the last step was getting a new liver and we was so hoping and prayer that it didn't have to go to that point but, now it has came to the last point. I am just hoping and prayer to god that everything works out for the best for my daughter. Grrrrr dang I can't even say anymore sitting here crying just typing about it but, for those that would like to read more about my baby girl Nesa's liver diease called. Biliary Atresia.

Here Nesa goes 2469026374_5224eb675a_m.jpg:hug

So for those that would love to bring a smile to my daughter's face once again with a lovely blanket you can PM me and I would totally give you my address.

Looking for 6 inch squares

Color of the squares she like is for them to be Red, White, Black them same color of her Mickey Mouse that she loves. The squares can contain all those colors or they can be used to do those colors in different squares like a red or white or black or mixed all together in one.:)

Also wanted to be Red Heart wanted a stiffer blanket since these squares will be holding the center piece of the words I will be doing.

I would really like to thank everyone ahead of time. I know I will really be having my hands full trying to keep strong for Nesa everyday. She not to happy lately she has been mooping around the house lately and wanted try to cheer her up. I also wanted to help her learn a little bit about crocheting while putting this blanket together.

She not to happy about the hossy she known's everytime she goes it's always something.

There you go have any questions please do ask away. I will subscribe to this thread. And totally keep everyone updated on the squares that arrives. Thanks Take care.

Have to go crochet now.:)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry she's so sick, but YAY that she'll be getting a liver.

My daughter's boyfriend's dad got a new kidney a couple years ago... he's been sick with "kidney failure" most of his life. He's doing much better now.

So Nesa, what do you want to be when you grow up?

Do you know how many squares you are needing? And when you say red, white, and black are you talking about the 3 colors in one square? If you send me your address, I will get some made up right away for you.

Hey Cindy the squares can be all in one color of those three colors or then can be different squares of each colors. Don't know how many I will need hoping to make a twin size blanket big enough to fit a hospital's bed. So guessing about 80 to 100 squares could do the trick.:)

Ok, works for me! I'll put some squares in my line-up. I have a couple of other small projects to finish first, but thinking I can start this weekend on some! Have a great day and give the girl a "warm" hug! :)

Thank God she's on the list. Hopefully this will be able to help her. I can't even imagine how you're feeling. Right now my hands are killing me so crocheting is something I just can't do but I can add your family to my prayers.

I am so sorry your baby girl has had to go through these health issues. I'm glad she is on the list though. I will be praying for your family, and I just happen to have some Red Heart yarns in the color you mentioned. May I ask (since you mentioned it should be a little stiffer) what type of 6" squares? Because my granny-squares tend to go all "loosy-goosy" after a few washings, I don't think that would be a good choice for me to do. Perhaps a double crochet solid square would be more appropriate for me to do? I'll look forward to hearing from you with your opinion and address.

Much love :manyheart and many prayers,

Tina

:hug

Hi Tina I will totally send you my address. Thanks Also I say make the squares how you figure you can do it. I was going to make some solid single crochet squares to go around the center piece that I will have the words at. Then I will start piecing in all the other squares that are granny squares and so on and so on around that. Already have planned it out in my head. Thanks again.:)

Hi Lesa,

So sorry to hear Nesa isn't feeling and will keep her in my prayers. I would love to participate in making squares... so add me in. Do you have a deadline.

Hi Sheila and thanks I am giving myself the deadline of July 20th because she goes back for another surgery and testing on the 23 of July so hoping to be done with her blanket by then. Again thanks ladies:)

Archived