Thread Art & Omega thread

MimiFL

Sorry if this has already been asked, I couldn't find anything (might be due to the search terms, though!)

I was trying to find out if any of you have used Thread Art thread before. If so, what did you think? What is it closest to - Royale, Aunt Lydia, Cebelia, Grandma's Best, America's Best, Southmaid, etc.? And are the colors similar to the white, or is one rougher than the other?

Also, has anyone tried Omega crochet thread? I've worked with their baby yarn before and it was great, but I've never tried thread from them. Here it is: http://www.crochetstyleetc.com/omegacottoninfo.htm. If you've used it, what did you think of that one? Are white/colors about the same?

Any input would be appreciated. :)

I have used the Perle and the Fantasia from Omega and I love them. I made a baby blanket and an adult shrug in the Perle and a poncho in the Fantasia. They came out so soft and with a lovely drape. The cream, off whites were not quite what I expected but were really nice.

You know that Mona at crochetstyleetc will send snippets... long pieces of the yarn in what ever colors you would like to see. She is pretty efficient about it.

I love this this stuff.

I was given some Omega thread from a swap pal, and it was wonderful--absolutely top quality crochet thread (it was size 40). I didn't have white, and IIRC, the dark green was a little stiffer than the other colors I had, but I find that to be the case with green in many threads. Why is green dye so stiff?

I know this is a bit late but I have used Omega and really liked it. I have no idea where I got it (this was several years ago) but it worked up beautifully and had a dense, rich color.

I haven't used their thread, but I have used their chenille yarn. The texture of the yarn is beautiful, it's so soft it's incredible, and it looks a lot like the yarn called "Fairy Floss" that an Australian poster posted a photo of a couple of days ago. The problem that I had with the yarn was that the middles of the skeins (I won a lot of 120 skeins on Ebay) on probably 75% of the yarn were just a mess. A lot of the yarn wasn't even attached to the rest of the skein and it was in pieces, some as short as two or three feet. I wrote to them about it, and they didn't seem to care, although I wrote to them a week or so ago to ask why there were no more Ebay auctions for the chenille and I was informed that they discontinued it.

I would just hope that the thread is better than the yarn, and if there ARE problems with it, I would hope that they would do a better job of standing by their product and not just tell me that they would check the rest of their skeins.

Not too late yet, it's gone on my birthday list, so Sis hasn't started buying just yet. ;) My birthday is in a couple of weeks now, and I can hardly wait. Just looking at the colors.... :drool

• 2 weeks later...

I got two of the Thread Art for my birthday! :yay

Haven't tried it yet, but it is soooo soft. Can't wait to do something with it.

(First, though, I have to finish WIP's. Talk about motivation!)

Archived