fulling question

deneen

I received my pencil or country roving today and can't wait to get started using it. I have a question though. Has anyone ever made something by pieces, fulled it and then sewed it together versus one piece?

• 1 month later...

Haven't tried it, agree with Rebecca that it would be a pain to sew though not impossible.

What are you thinking of making? Is there a reason you don't want to assemble it first?

Holly

Haven't tried it, agree with Rebecca that it would be a pain to sew though not impossible.

What are you thinking of making? Is there a reason you don't want to assemble it first?

Holly

I posted this a bit ago, got no response til today (LOL)

I already did it and preassembled it with wool tapestry yarn. It worked out well.

I am making a fulled center armrest cover for one of my husband's cars. The leather on his cracked and it annoys him while driving. The fulled cover was his idea. It's done drying now, I have to size it up to make sure it fits:blush .

LOL!

I didn't even notice the date on your post, sorry!!!! I have a lot of days where I don't get to read all the posts.

It does sound like a cool project, let us know how it turns out!

holly

My first felting attempt was a bag. After it was felted I wasn't happy with the handles, they were too long, so I cut them in half and sewed them together overlapping. I used the same wool the bag was made out of to sew the pieces together and it worked pretty well. I just used the same largish needle that I use for general sewing of crocheted items and it went through the felted fabric quite easily.

Archived