I must be stopped!!!

I am totally swamped with projects. I know this...I accept this. So what do I go and do?? My son's class is having a wedding for the letters Q and U the Friday before school lets out...the whole works..."minister", wedding cake, favors, decorations, etc. Apparently my son was asked to be the ringbearer (he doesn't want to do it). So...what do I go and do? I volunteer to make the party favors....50 crocheted candy baskets. I think I have officially lost my mind. Either that or they need to add more hours to the day!

School gets out the 20th and the wedding is on the 17th. Thankfully they're small!!! lol! I called a friend of mine that crochets and we're getting together next week to make them. Then my mom and i are buying candied almonds, tulle circles and ribbon and putting them together. I could just do the tulle, but the baskets are soooooo cute!!!! Plus if the other kids are anything like my son, they'll find some use for the basket....pebbles (like my son) or using it with their dolls for the girls or something like that. I'm going to get a list of all the kids' names and make personalized placecards as well. But, I figure it's the last big thing of the year, so I might as well go all out. But if I say I'm going to start another project....someone slap me!!!!!!!! lol!

WOW! You are ambitious, aren't you! AND INSANE!!! :rofl Seriously tho, that's great that you volunteered to do this. And the concept of a marriage between Q and U is too cute. What a great idea. Too bad, Woven and Spun doesn't have those pillow letters done yet! They could be the bride & groom! Which is the male and which the female? You could do the groom in black/white and the bride in all white with white fur around it as the veil! Did you volunteer to crochet a cake, too?????? :devil

I didn't even think of a crocheted cake!!! That would have been awesome! I like the pillow idea, too. I made 2 different baskets this morning to figure out how I wanted to do them. The first one came out way to big, so I went down a hook size and made a ruffle on the edge. It's too cute! When I get around to it, I'll post a pic. I figure I'll make 25 today and 25 tomorrow. They only take me about 10 minutes to make, so it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. And once we get the candies and the tulle, that will go quickly. After that, I'm going to finish up all my WIP's and then I can finally start some new stuff. Yay!!

50? 50! Wow that's a lot of little baskets. I'm glad they are fast to work up. I just worked up a little basket necklace, it is a vintage pattern I found online. It's cute. I am going to make several but I can't imagine doing 50 of them in 2 days! Yikes. Good luck with them.

I am totally swamped with projects. I know this...I accept this. So what do I go and do?? My son's class is having a wedding for the letters Q and U the Friday before school lets out...the whole works..."minister", wedding cake, favors, decorations, etc. Apparently my son was asked to be the ringbearer (he doesn't want to do it). So...what do I go and do? I volunteer to make the party favors....50 crocheted candy baskets. I think I have officially lost my mind. Either that or they need to add more hours to the day!

Archived