Beautiful designs

crochetfun

TRy right clicking within the pattern text area (make sure you're not over a picture otherwise you only get info for the pic). Then I click on 'Properties' and copy the address (tho I guess you could select to save it to your favorites). Then goto your favorite translator, for example, http://babelfish.altavista.com/. Insert the copied url and viola! a really funky translation. :lol You'll have to struggle with the words in the pictures.

This is the link to Debardeur #1 that I got by right clicking and copying the url from the properties.

http://sylfe.free.fr/Crochet/habits/fichiershabits/debardeur.htm

Carol

• 5 weeks later...

Dear Fellow Crochetters,

The Gilet n 9 pattern is actually in Portuguese. The French woman is only trying to explain the pattern to a French audience. She explains that her portuguese is not very good but has some tidbits that she translates that should help understand the Portuguese pattern.

FYI: I don't speak French but work at a school that has two French instructors.

Hope that helps, now I'm trying to find a Portuguese translator

Here's the translation from the portuguese (Gilet n.º 9)

The original text is just some guidelines. You should always follow the diagrams

If you have any doubts, feel free to contact me and I'll try to help you.

Size: Medium

Materials:

White Libra Esterlina 8 thread, from Corrente manufacturer, now known as Coats (http://www.coatscorrente.com.br)

Needle size: 3

Front and back

Start at the bottom part of the vest, following the diagram. Make 6 circles, joining it together. Then join the thread to the first circle and follow the circles joint diagram (2nd from the bottom of the page). Leave this part for now.

Make 2 circles and work it as explained before.

Join these circles with the part set aside using slip stiches, aligning it with the 2 central circles of the first part (back's vest)

Then make half circle and work it as explained before and join it to the first part (one part of the front made)

Do the other part of the front.

Sleeves

Make 2 circles and work as explained before. At each row, join it to the armhole. Fasten off.

Join the thread to the other side of the circle and work in circular rows as done for the top part of the sleeve. Then follow the wrist pattern (2nd picture)

Do the other sleeve.

Join the thread to the neck to do the collar, following the collar pattern.

Do the fasten off stitch (last picture)

Finishing

Sew a button on the right side of the neck part and a strap on the left side

Pictures Key

Frente = Front

Botão = Button

Costas = Back

Ponto da gola e punhos das mangas = collar and wrist patterns

Círculo = circle

Ponto da manga entre os círculos e o punho e na barra da blusa = Pattern for joining circles and wrist and vest trimming

Ponto alto triplo = treble dc

União dos círculos = circles joint

bico de acabamento = fasten off pattern

Wonderful job translating! I had printed this pattern out, all the diagrams and everything, will add your translations to it now.

And while I'm at it (since I never seem to find a chance to make it to the Intro area, alas) :welcome to both you and Marlene (and also to our Russian gal, Wild Wind, who has been helping with translations from the Russian pattern site)! We are truly becoming an international group here. :hook:hook I am soooo thrilled! :c9

(sorry for mis-spelling your name Marlene - that's what happens when I don't have enough coffee in me yet!)

• 2 months later...
I saw that one.

A little too complex for my ability though.

Is it my perception only that European clothing designs (crocheted) tend to be a great deal more intricate than North American ones.

I wonder if it's a life-style thing:

we have a lot of "make-it-quick" designs.

I am thinking about this one:

http://sylfe.free.fr/indexmodeleshabits.htm

Debardeur No1

For some reason I can't copy the url

I was able to copy the picture, but I am not sure that is ok.

I so agree with you! I don't know if it's about life styles, patience or mare fashion tastes but I rarely find patterns I find interesting in American magazines and web sites (as opposed to Russian and Italian ones), the whole "quick and easy" stuff make me want to scream

:loco:thair:irk:bang

:yell

:sigh

Anyway...

I just wanted to say that...

the site has moved out!

the adress is now

http://www.univers-du-crochet.com/index_1.htm

and...

if you need a translator, I can try to help, as I am French (although I'm not very good at reading instructions in English...)

~Pyo~

• 1 year later...

Archived