Beautiful designs

crochetfun

They are great patterns on this site and I did the Babel fish thingy everything but the pattern comes up in english. The pattern is still in French. :angry

I saw that one.

A little too complex for my ability though.

Is it my perception only that European clothing designs (crocheted) tend to be a great deal more intricate than North American ones.

I wonder if it's a life-style thing:

we have a lot of "make-it-quick" designs.

I am thinking about this one:

http://sylfe.free.fr/indexmodeleshabits.htm

Debardeur No1

For some reason I can't copy the url

I was able to copy the picture, but I am not sure that is ok.

Which one, in particular?

And could it be that Europeans have more patience than we do? ;)

Sorry about that, I edited my previous post.

-I think it has to do with life styles, we have a rather rushed life in North America.

From what I saw a few years ago, there seems to be a change in that respect in Europe as well.

Mon Dieu!! Je voudrais Chausson n° 8, s'il vous plait!

http://sylfe.free.fr/index_1.htm

Ok, after taking four years of French in high school and 2 in college I should be much better at this. As it is I'm not even sure what I've typed actually says "My God! I would like these slippers please!"

The items on this site are gorgeous. And Cheryl, if it does please let me know so I can make a couple for myself. :D

well the one rachel posted has charts.. so that would make it easier to make than translating.. and the reason when babelfish was used on the others ... the pattern didnt translate cause the patter is not text on the page its a picture.. you could type it all in but that is a lot of work

I don't know if I want to say this, but I'm French-Canadian. It has been so long since I have crocheted anything from a French pattern, or even thought in French while crocheting! My mom is coming for a visit this week-end, so I'll ask her for some help. Even if I could build a dictionary, it would help a bit. Don't cross your fingers though!

The below design looks "similiar" to the one on the French site, BUT it uses knit and crochet stitches! This is on my to do list as well...wow what a long list it has become! Donna

http://www.whiteliesdesigns.com/patterns/lcardigans/139.html

Another awesome site! Too bad they are all knitted. But with my handy "From Needles to Hook" they shouldn't be that hard to convert!!! And in regards to the French site, I've been wanting to crochet an umbrella for the longest time but couldn't find a pattern so was making one up. Now I can put that aside because they have them on the French site!!

Another awesome site! Too bad they are all knitted. But with my handy "From Needles to Hook" they shouldn't be that hard to convert!!! And in regards to the French site, I've been wanting to crochet an umbrella for the longest time but couldn't find a pattern so was making one up. Now I can put that aside because they have them on the French site!!

I am positive I have seen an umbrella pattern on the net. If I see it again, I'll post it for you.:)

Here's a start in the translations (trans-creating) of the patterns.

Keep in mind that the word ENGELSKA means ENGLISH.

Needlework translated words

The first column is the French word(s) and then look over to the Engelska (English) column for it's equilvalent in English.

Here's a start in the translations (trans-creating) of the patterns.

Keep in mind that the word ENGELSKA means ENGLISH.

Needlework translated words

The first column is the French word(s) and then look over to the Engelska (English) column for it's equilvalent in English.

Thanks, that looks useful.:)

Well, I just got lost on that website!

Mary Jo (Tampa Doll), if you're looking, check this page out, this one had your name on it!

http://sylfe.free.fr/Crochet/habits/contenupoupeesbarbies.htm

Many of the patterns have graphs, and with the nifty translator that Cheryl posted, it shouldn't be too difficult to make some of these patterns! All that's required is the materials, the hook, and a little time and patience. :yay

I saw some really neat tops I'd like to try, have been a link copying fool! Will be printing like mad at work tomorrow.

Okay, the lawn is refusing to mow itself, *sigh*, so I guess I'll have to go do it!

Archived