Baby Surprise

amdm

Recently a friend of mine mentioned a pattern called the Baby Surprise by Elizabeth Zimmerman, and I was wondering if anyone here has knitted one, and what is its unique quality. She said it was knitted in one piece, but what is so unique about that? (She didn't know any more, in fact was hoping I might, but I had never heard of it).

Thanks so much for your prompt and helpful replies. It is certainly quite innovative, and thanks for finding a pattern. I shall pass on all the info to my friend.

I have been searching online all night for a pattern that I could make the Baby Surprise sweater with. Thanks for that link. If you have seen the Hexagon Sweater that a few of us have done, amdm, it is kind of similar to that in that it folds up from a hexagon to a sweater. (That link will take you to a link, where I translated it into a pattern in English. If your friend crochets and would want to make one of those...) It's pretty cool!

Tina

Tina, Thanks for this, the hexagon baby sweater is really innovative, and congratulations for figuring out how to make it without a pattern. Even if my friend doesn't make one of these, I well might!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived