aunt jens sweater

taragosik

:thinkHello and welcome to the ville. With out seeing the a pic of the article or the instructions, my best bet would be to divide the pattern by half. If it is still to small, divide again.

For a larger size double the pattern.

Or, if there are size differences at the beginning of said patteren, add the next size up. Simply do the math.:crocheting:knit

Welcome. I started this wsweater last week but stopped. I was using the sizing for 6 monhts and it looks like it would barely fit a premie. it runs very small, or I did something wrong.

I LOVE this pattern but it definitely runs small, I followed the directions for a 3 to 6 month sweater with the recommended yarn (3 ply baby - sport light) and hook (G) and it was the perfect size for a Webkinz!! My daughters were thrilled and thought I had made it for them, and I had to promptly make another one. I made my first "Aunt Jen Sweater" with 4 ply yarn (I think it was Bernat's Pink Camo WW) and an H hook and it worked out beautifully as a baby shower gift - most likely a 3 month old sweater.

Here is the link for the sweater http://www.sandiangels.com/pattern-page.html

In terms of increasing the size, you will need to play around with the pattern and yarn/hook sizes.

The way I see it, the pattern calls for you to chain 38, work with 37 SCs, and Row 2 consists, in summary, of

5 DC [iNC] 7 DC [iNC] 9 DC [iNC] 7 DC [iNC] 5 DC

so you would just add an equal number of DCs to each of the 5 DC groups.

For example to increase Row 2 by 3 DCs in each of the DC groups -

8 DC [iNC] 10 DC [iNC] 12 DC [iNC] 10 DC [iNC] 8 DC

You would add 15 stitches to the initial count

Chain 53 (38 +15)

Row 1: 52 SCs

Row 2: 8 DC [iNC] 10 DC [iNC] 12 DC [iNC] 10 DC [iNC] 8 DC

The addition of 15 stitches is just an estimate, I plan to test it, but haven't had a chance to yet.

Hope my scattered :huh thoughts help, if I've created my confusion:think , I am sorry - please let me know so I can try to clarify.

Kris

dear Kris' OH THANKYOU THATS WHAT IAM LOOKING FOR MY NUMBERS WAS 37 NOW ILL START WITH53 INSTEAD OF 5 7 9 7 5 ILL INC WITH 8 10 12 10 8 IM SO HAPPY ILL START TOMORROW IM OFF WORK MON AND TUES AGAIN THANKS YOU MUST BE VERY GOOD WITH MUMBERS IM NOT SIGNWED YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND TARA GOSIK FROM NEW JERSEY

dear Kris' OH THANKYOU THATS WHAT IAM LOOKING FOR MY NUMBERS WAS 37 NOW ILL START WITH53 INSTEAD OF 5 7 9 7 5 ILL INC WITH 8 10 12 10 8 IM SO HAPPY ILL START TOMORROW IM OFF WORK MON AND TUES AGAIN THANKS YOU MUST BE VERY GOOD WITH MUMBERS IM NOT SIGNWED YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND TARA GOSIK FROM NEW JERSEY

Tara - I'm curious to see how it is going? Did you get a chance to start another sweater?

Kris

kris; yes I started a sweater with your new number . Iam very happy the sweater is alot bigger the otrher sweaters i made were great for shower gifts my granddaughter is 3 . I just taught myself how to make baby sweaters a year ago one size was all I was good for until you gave me those measurements tHANKS AGAIN YOR FRIEND TARA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Archived