Date changed AGAIN!! to Tuesday Aug 19 for toy drive delivery!

KristieMN

Here is an email I got from Stephanie this morning..

Kristie,

This is totally awesome. Thank you so much for all your hard work.

I just got a call from Lori Hansen, with the Child, Family Life department. Tim and Lori have both been asked to stay at the training they are presenting at and now wont be back until next Tuesday. I hate to ask you to reschedule again but he asked that he be there. Does this work (Thursday the 21st would work as well). Thanks Kristie. This stuff is amazing!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... we will be there the 19 for the toy drive, and then the 20th for Libbys appointment....:lol:lol:lol:lol

It is about a 90 minute drive each way.... longer if you are in rush hour. :lol:lol:lol

I am sorry this keeps getting delayed... but on the plus side, we are closer to 1000 toys now!!

******** The date has been switched to Thursday the 14th......

Tom who does the kids show, is out tomorrow.... and he wants us to be on the show again......so he will be back thursday.

This give me 2 extra days for the toys to come in!***************

Libbys appointment has been changed to August 20th. ..due to scheduling conflicts.

So, that is a week earlier than I announced before!

I will update a bit later with new pictures of the toys that came in and the 'official' toy count!!

Thank you all!!

7 days from today!!

I am going to update the count this evening, or early tomorrow on how many toys I have for the toy drive....I will be willing to bet it is close to 600!!

I will let you all know!

NOTICE*****************************

The date has been set!!!

We are meeting Stephanie at the U of M on August 12th!! She is excited as I am for the toy drive.

Now, if you miss that deadline..and still want to donate....

Libby has an appointment there on the 27 of Aug. So, any stragglers will be delivered then.

(this is the appointment that she SHOULD be taken off one of her meds!!!)

Peggytoes had donated 5 patterns to pass out for the toy drive!

Thank you peggy!!

PLEASE ...please include your email in your package so I can send you out the patterns when the package arrives!

for those of you who already send packages, I am going to contact you again. If you havent heard from me by tomorrow, please send me a pm with your email so I can send you the new patterns.

ALSO... one more is being donated after it is done being tested by Chiscrochetcrazy!!

Thank YOU so much!!

I am more than excited for the toy drive this year. We have a great start to it!!

Here are the patterns being donated by Peggytoes....

DrivePix.jpg

DrivePix-2.jpg

DrivePix-3.jpg

DrivePix-4.jpg

DrivePix-5.jpg

Fruity002-1-1.jpg

Thank you too all who are helping me with the toy drive this year.

It is going to be another great year!!

Kristen

Good Afternoon all!!

I am excited to announce the kick off for the 3rd annual toy drive.

We (my girls and I) are once again collecting toys for the childrens hospital.

This year will be donating to the University of Minnesota Fairview Childrens Hospital.

We will be delivering the toys the middle of August. I will let you know the specific date as it gets worked out with the hospital staff.

Unfamiliar with the toy drive? Click here to see last years toy drive

2nd Annual toy drive

(there is a link there to the first toy drive info also)

The hospital new letter wrote an article on the toy drive also.

Read about it here!!

Scroll down and click on Our friend newsletter Issue 3, 2007

We are on page 11.

Want to see what I have already for the toy drive??

Toydrive-2.jpg

This fills one and half boxes. I STUFF the toys in.:lol

For those of you who are new to this...

Here are the basics.

If you send me one toy for the toy drive, you may pick one of the patterns I am offering for free.

If you send me two or more toys, you may have both patterns emailed to you!

The toys can either be hand made, or store bought. Also, books are great too!

Last year, we had everything from movies, to books, to chemo hats, to baby blankets, not to mention toys!

Interested in what the patterns are??

Here you go!

My bumble bunz pattern

bumblebunztitle.jpg

And also my Bunny Love pattern.

BunnyLove.jpg

Please pm me for my address.

PLEASE be sure to include your email address in the package, as well as which pattern, or both, that you would like!!

Last year we ended up with 14 boxes! I hope to do as many this year.

I will update with new pictures of the toys that I receive also.

As many of you know, this project is very near and dear to my heart.

I am so fortunate that my middle child (who started all of this!!) is doing fantastic.

Better than fantastic! If all goes well, she will be taken off one of her medications next August. If she does well with that change, they will continue to wean her off all her meds...and she could be medication free in just over a year!! Keep your fingers crossed!!

Feel free to email me, or pm me with ANY questions you may have.

Thank you so much!!

A special thank you to Midds who is hosting a challenge for this toy drive.

I have a feeling we will have TONS of toys this year!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent you a package last year, and hope to send you one again this year. (Not sure if/how many will be hand made with the new baby this year... but they all come from the heart.)

I was just wondering when the announcement would go out about this year's drive. Thanks for doing such a wonderful thing for such a wonderful cause.

I would like to help out I think it would be fun Do they have to be a certain size toy and when is the deadline?

There isnt a certain size. Just any toy that you think a child would love to get.

I will be collecting toys into August.

I will let everyone know a set date to deliver when it gets nailed down.

Thank you for everyones enthusiasm!!

I would also like to help with this. Please let me know when the deadline is. I would like to try and make a couple of things if there is time, otherwise I will be visting the nearest Wal-Mart.

I will look through my boxes at home. I know I have lots of extra beanie babies that I can send to you. I don't make toys, so is it okay to send some Ty's and maybe a gift certificate? If the Gift certificate is good, to what store? Walmart or somewhere else maybe? Don't know what's in your area. Thanks!

I will look through my boxes at home. I know I have lots of extra beanie babies that I can send to you. I don't make toys, so is it okay to send some Ty's and maybe a gift certificate? If the Gift certificate is good, to what store? Walmart or somewhere else maybe? Don't know what's in your area. Thanks!

Thank you!!

I just sent you a pm

This is a picture of about 2/3 of they toys we picked up today at a garage sale!

My 5 yr old insisted on taking a picture..and now she wants me to share it with you all! :lol

We are finding a TON of toys that are new with tags even at garage sales!

These toys today, were given for free. Libby was telling them why we were grabbing all the new toys,... they decided not to charge us for the toys then.

:hug:hug:hug:hug

I just about started to cry!

Now, we are up to 3 boxes!!toydrive08.jpg

Kristiemn

My toys have been sent, I didnt know if I should post a picture or let you do it when they get there.

Either one!

I wait until I have quite a few toys, then post another picture.

If you want to post it....please do!!

Thank you!!

Kristen

BTW..... My post man asked if he was going to be seeing a lot of me, delivering packages.

I told him... I sure hope so!! :lol:lol:lol

I'm going to send the snail I tested for you and for Valentine's Mom gave me a big teddy bear. She actually won it from work, her company does various fund raisers through out the year for charity purposes. The bear was raffled off and I have this teddy bear that, cute as it is, I don't really need hanging around. Especially since there's children who could use it more than me. I just have to perform a little "surgery" and remove the Valentines 2008 heart. Unless you can embroider and want to re-embroider it?

I sent a box to you today. They are store bought toys and a few books, if that's ok. I would have loved to make some but my job has me working so much overtime, I haven't had much time.

I sent a box to you today. They are store bought toys and a few books, if that's ok. I would have loved to make some but my job has me working so much overtime, I haven't had much time.

that is perfectly fine!!

I have been scouring garage sales for beanie babies with the tags still on.

Amazingly, everyone is selling them it seems!! :lol:lol

I will let you know when the box arrives!

Thank you!

I'm going to send the snail I tested for you and for Valentine's Mom gave me a big teddy bear. She actually won it from work, her company does various fund raisers through out the year for charity purposes. The bear was raffled off and I have this teddy bear that, cute as it is, I don't really need hanging around. Especially since there's children who could use it more than me. I just have to perform a little "surgery" and remove the Valentines 2008 heart. Unless you can embroider and want to re-embroider it?

I can certainly do that!!

I do quite a bit of sewing as a matter of fact.

Go ahead and send it the way it is.:D

thank you!!

Archived