Help requested for brain surgery patients

Schmetterling

Hi there! Thank you SO much!!! You are free to send them either to me or to any of the hospitals that responded to my inquiry saying they had a need. Bev from Country Cottage was kind enough to create a page for me with the information I was given by the hospitals.

If you send them to the hospital(s) volunteer department, please do mark they are for the neurosurgery patients.

Here is the page:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/neuro-caps.html

Thank you so very much!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cherri,

Your hats arrived safely and they are beautiful! It is so awesome that the flowers are removable/adjustable--I have never seen that before. How cool is that???

Thank you so much! It is very appreciated.

I hope you are feeling well tonight. I know you have had a rough road and you are in m,y prayers.

Hugs!

keesh i have 10 done and am starting on another 10 thats my goal each month now 10 for june done

10 for july in the works aug still dreaming patterns:lol:lol:lol will be sending them to you soon

Oh a side note, my vascular surgeon (who also happens to be a prof of neurosurgery at johns hopkins) has agreed to do 2 surgeries and only have his partner bill it. It takes the two of them to do this. They will do both during the same visit. Them doing the billing like this saves an unbelievable amount of money. It brings me a bit of hope.

:hug Great news about the surgeons! Its nice to know that there are SOME out there that are still concerned about the patient instead of the BILL.

Just a quick note - (everyone probably already knows this so perhaps I'm just proving my own ignorance...LOL) I was going to send the hats UPS so I could get delivery confirmation. They wanted a fortune! So I went to the post office. I was going to use a flat rate box to mail these, but luckily I had an honest clerk waiting on me. She checked the price using MY box vs. the flat rate box, and MINE was cheaper, even though it was bigger! For just a few cents more I was able to get a delivery confirmation service, too. SO, might want to keep that in mind when mailing these items....have them check the price using your own packaging before you automatically assume the flat rate box is cheaper. :)

Thanks for the heads up for everyone. :) Thankfully I have just a rural postal desk inside a business since we live so far out from Tucson. The postal clerk wears one of the awareness wristbands I sell to raise money for research! Great lady.

I'm queasy now knowing I'm up for surgeries 15 and 16, brain surgery 5. Ugh....sigh. I keep thinking I'll never do another, that I can't do it, but I keep seeing my little children and feeling guilty, wondering how I cannot just try one more time...

Keesha, You are an amazing Woman! May God do in your life what only He can - strengthen you with His Love, fill you with His assurance, Bless You with His Peace and hold You in His arms as You are held in prayer. I am praying for your healing. The Lord Bless You And Keep You. numbers 6:24

p.s. I want one of your writstbands you sell. How can I buy it?

I'm queasy now knowing I'm up for surgeries 15 and 16, brain surgery 5. Ugh....sigh. I keep thinking I'll never do another, that I can't do it, but I keep seeing my little children and feeling guilty, wondering how I cannot just try one more time...

I don't know how you do it. You've already been through so much. I need 2 more surgeries myself (totally not on my head, lol) and I'm putting it off like crazy. I keep saying I'll never have another one. Can I borrow one of your kids to motivate me? :lol (Just kidding). I pray that all goes well for you. :hugBTW, it's great about the doctor's billing. I wish only the best for you.

Hugs, Cherri.

I think you're amazing, Keesha. I don't know how you find the strength to deal with all you're going through! I'm sure DH and the kiddos are motivation, and I'm glad for that. My brother has MS, and he has totally quit caring about much of anything. He has 3 kiddos, ranging in age from 18 to 8. I hate it for them, as I think he often tends to blame them for making his symptoms worse. (From what I understand about the disease, he should be grateful his symptoms aren't worse - he can still walk with a cane, and do MOST things he needs to as long as he doesn't exert himself too much) But thats a whole different rant! :lol

I know you have to feel like giving up at least a thousand times a day - I know I would. On the other hand, you are the ultimate example of strength and grace! Strength to deal with all the pain, etc AND the grace of being able to help and educate others at the same time. :hug

To put it mildly, YOU ROCK! :2rock

keesha that is wonderful news . i am so glad that they are going to do that for you, im sure its very hard for you darling and since you DO know what is coming that makes it even harder. but you are a amazing woman you are your familys rock you stand there and deal with it because you have to , and i am so filled with gratitude that i can help you even a little bit. you have a box coming should be there sat or monday and is the hats and a little more for you, i promise next time will be hubby and kids turn but this one is strickly keeshas:lol:lol:lol do you have any idea when they will do the surgeries and is there someone who can keep us up to date? i will worry about your yet am filled with gratitude this doctor is doing this for you, it goes to show not all is lost and america still has a few doctors who care if i can do anything darling lt me know alright?:hug:hug:hug much love darling:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Thank you so much everyone. I appreciate the support.

In a way, it's better because I know what's coming, but it's also worse...because I know what's coming. :(

You are in our thoughts and prayers. :hugPlease keep us posted when you can.

Thanks so much GrannieAnnie & Itzhunic for their wonderful hats! You did a super job and they are going to be great for the patients they are sent to.

Hugs!

Your welcome, Keesha! I'm happy to send them. I know how much they are needed.

Hope you can do something good for you today to try and stay calm. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! :hug

MellyBelly,

I wanted to thank you for posting which hospital from my list you are sending to. I put together a box of 15 hats this morning to ship somewhere and I want to be sure all the hospitals that responded to my inquiry get shipments instead of one getting things from everyone, KWIM?

If anyone sends straight to the hospitals I had listed, please post (or PM if you're more comfortable) so I can rotate my shipments. Thanks so much!!!

You're welcome, Keesha...and actually, thanks so much for bringing this need to our attention! I really enjoy making these caps and I'm glad I can help. Got a commission bonus this week at work, and I'm already scheming as to what colors/yarns I can get to make more! :lol

And, HAPPY 4TH OF JULY, EVEYONE :yay

Hi.

I just wanted to give you an update on my two students, and our projects. My youngest student has completed her cap a while ago, as you know. I have been accumulating hats -- they are so much fun to make. And my oldest student has two knitted caps completed. She's working on a third, plus her crochet cap. I will see her twice this week, so I hope to have it all done by this week. I'd love to have it shipped off then.

Thanks for this opportunity. I think the girls are growing more from doing for others than they would just making something for themselves.:hug

Thank you so much mythunderbird for the great hats! Patients are going to love them, no doubt. Your kindness is appreciated!!!

Mellybelly, I couldn't help but laugh at your description of scheming about yarn! Isn't it the truth though, what we do when purchasing yarn? LOL!

Beth, that is so wonderful about your students! Indeed I am sure doing things like this really helps. When I taught middle school I had ongoing projects for the kids to help local centers in need (nursing homes, shelters, Ronald McDonald House, etc).

DH came back from down the street (where our box is) with a lot of mail!

I would like to send a shout out and great thanks to Ville friends Honey Dew in Michigan and Maureen in New Jersey for the fantastic hats (and hugs also for the postage!! That will allow me to send a nice big box of hats to help a LOT of patients at one of the out of state hospitals!).

Hugs and thanks again! The hats are absolutely perfect and will be very comfortable no doubt for the patients that are the recipients.

Archived