Please share your VERY FAVORITE shawl pattern!

I like *everything* that has been shared! I think I've first fallen in love with that pineapple shawl~maybe because it's summer? I'd like it to be my first shawl....

AND methinks I've told a falsehood~I HAVE made Crochet Today's Entreloc Wrap, but shawl *to me* means lacey~THAT I've not done before... Sorry! I didn't mean to lie~I'm just remembering myself.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the Chrysanthemum Tea Shawl--I've made it twice using Simply Soft. It only takes 2-3 skeins, depending on the size of the skein.

Simply Shawl, which you can find at the Caron website is much prettier in person than the photo they have--also easy.

I also really like the ripple shawl on Lion's website which I think is called "Very Easy" or something like that--it was on the Microspun labels. I've done it in Microspun and in Wool Ease.

MyShawlsampler2.jpg

I just made this shawl last thursday night and wrote the pattern for it. You can find the pattern HERE .

I have always had a hard time finding a good shawl pattern so I decided to design my own and it's very comfortable and warm.

Thankyou for sharind this great pattern. Hugs

This is a great thread! I'm so glad you started it, Sandi.

I must say what a fantastic array of patterns which have been added to my favourites!

I haven't made many shawls except for the Sweet Pea shawl which I've made in a number of variations though I get the feeling sometimes that I don't really follow the pattern properly and so it goes a bit weird ... hey ho! It would be good to have a go at something different though at some stage. I like the idea of a big triangle shawl for when I'm round the camp fire and that.

Blessings

Elaine x

I still just love this thread! I don't know when I'll actually get to BEGIN my shawl~need yarn and to finish what I'm already doing~but I *can't wait!* and of course I wanna make 'em all.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi~HOW DARE Y'ALL make me covet that Doris Chan book! LOLOL!

The blue Jeans shawl is AWESOME!!! It's such a simple pattern but it looks so hard!

The blue jeans shawl looks gorgeous. I just don't like items that require chaining a lot, and this works from the top down (not my favorite way to make a shawl). But I do get tempted to make it when I see it finished...

I still just love this thread! I don't know when I'll actually get to BEGIN my shawl~need yarn and to finish what I'm already doing~but I *can't wait!* and of course I wanna make 'em all.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi~HOW DARE Y'ALL make me covet that Doris Chan book! LOLOL!

Yea I know, I want to make 'em all too:yes. I was sorely tempted to do the Thursday Night Shawl last night (hey it was Thursday night... what better excuse... :lol) but held off as I have other WIPs including the Seraphina shawl...

Debbi

On the blue jeans shawl - it doesn take a bunch of chains to get started but if I remember right you don't crochet into each of them.

(I usually do my 1st row of filet work open squares for that very same reason lol)

I just look at it as a necesarry evil. (crocheting into the chains.)

• 4 months later...
Any favorite winter shawl patterns? It's getting cold and I'm looking for some. Most of mine are open work and they're nice, but I need one for winter. I was doing a basic double crochet traingle one, but it wasn't working out...

If you make the Graduated Pineapples Table Topper in yarn and a goodly sized hook, you will have a great double layer shawl. I did this and it was so pretty in a slate blue colour and very quick to make up.

It was very well received by the cancer society when I donated it.

I started Allegra by Gourmet Crochet this morning. It has two different versions. One is a shawl and the other one has short sleeves so it's a morning jacket. I'm making the second version to wear while I'm reading in bed. I think this is one that will become a favorite.

i like the seraphina and the half moon shawl

I love both of these shawls too. I made the half moon shawl out of Lion brand Romance last winter & it turned into a shawl & a half. It was huge!

I'm so glad you metioned the Simply Shawl! I saw the pattern on the skein wrapper and saved it, as I thought it looked really pretty! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Any favorite winter shawl patterns? It's getting cold and I'm looking for some. Most of mine are open work and they're nice, but I need one for winter. I was doing a basic double crochet traingle one, but it wasn't working out...

The Simply Shawl pattern is pretty, no matter what type of yarn you use. It's an easy pattern but looks like it's more intricate. I made this shawl for my son's MIL. I used RH Plush in wine. It was so soft & warm I had a hard time giving it up.

My favorite shawl pattern would have to be the Blythe pattern. It's a batwing shawl so it stays in place easily. I've made four of them in the last few months. I know I'll be making more. Another shawl I've made several of is a simple lattice style shawl, very summery. I made two of them using Moda Dea tutu, one in green & the other in blue. They were very cute. I made a third one, without the fringe, using Lion trellis ribbon in stained glass color. This Sangria shawl is one I want to make for me after I've finished all the Christmas gift list. There's also a pattern in one of the newest issues of Crochet magazine that's on my list. It's more like a ruana than a shawl though. Can you tell I'm a shawlaholic? lol

I was working on the Graduated Pineapples Table Topper but after round 19, it's getting HUGE. It's pretty much a lapgahn... well almost... I think too big to be carrying around. I like it though. Except I need to frog 3 rounds because I missed the start of a pineapple at the end of the rounds:blush... I'd like to finish it anyway.

So now I'm on the search again for a wintery type shawl. I'd like a single strand one (thought of doing a 2 strand one) so it's light enough to carry with me to church or work or just around the house.

I may just do a simple stole/shawl type (retangle). I was looking through the 365 Stitches a Year Calendar for a stitch pattern, but just quickly looked and didn't see anything that caught my eye.

So I'm open to more ideas. I'm still going to search though... there may be some new patterns out there...

Thanks.

Debbi

• 3 weeks later...
my vote is definetely for the "angel wings"....it works up fast and is VERY pretty!!

That ones on my to do list for spring. It's very open and would work great then.

I did start another shawl because I couldn't resist, it's a pinapple one on the Caron site for Eco yarn (

http://www.caron.com/projects/ss_eco/sseco_pineapple_shawl.html

). Pretty easy and I'm almost done, and too open but pretty, so still looking for another winter one.

Archived