First Pair of Knitted Socks

LaurieE

Here's my first pair of knitted socks using the Magic Loop technique. Once my crocheting brain wrapped around the knitting instructions, they were so easy to make. I've already started on my next pair.

DSCF0449-adj-1.jpg

:clap Great Job! Pretty yarn, what did you use?

How did you like the Magic Loop method?

Now you can try 2 socks at the same time on 2 circulars. I love having the pair done at the same time.

Knit Picks has a free pattern dowload for a toe up version that I'm going to try next.

Did you say cookies? :drool Oatmeal raisin by any chance? Oh wait, I'm supposed to be on a diet. :lol

I finished my second pair of socks last night and started on my third pair.

DSCF0452-adj.jpg

Laurie,

WTG on your first TWO pairs of socks! I started on my first pair 1.5 weeks ago using the "Flat Feet." I've been SO busy getting ready for my youngest daughter's baby shower that I haven't gotten back to them . . . .YET! I think I'm going to like making two pairs at one time, versus using DPNs and one at a time. I won't know for sure until I try both!

What colorway did you use for your socks?! NICE job - and FAST, too!

For the first pair I used Lorna Laces Shepherd Sock yarn. The yarn was not designed to stripe. Everyone was surprised when it started to stripe.

For the second pair I used Cherry Tree Hill's hand painted DK supersock yarn in Cherry Blossom.

I started my third pair of socks Monday night. I'm using Cherry Tree Hill's DK supersock yarn in blues & purples.

I'd love to figure out how to make 2 socks simultaneously using the magic loop technique. Is there a website somewhere that explains how to do that?

Your socks turned out fantastic!

Here are 3 sites that teach you how to make 2 socks at the same time. I haven't tried them but plan to as soon as I pick up some sock wool. http://www.tostetoes.com/twosocksoneneedle.htm

this one is a pdf http://www.knitaddicted.com/html/185.html

http://www.seedwiki.com/wiki/perfect_sock_pattern/

Thank you all for the kind words. I ordered 2 books yesterday about knitting 2 socks at the same time: Knitting Circles Around Socks: Knit Two at a Time on Circular Needles and 2-at-a-Time Socks. Both books have a Ravelry group but I joined The 2-at-a-time-socks group because that one's moderated by the author.

I am so into making socks right now to the exclusion of all else.

:cheerI also just bought the 2-at-a-time-socks and started making the 1st toddler pair. I am using Merino No. 5. I had a tangled mess to start with but after about 5 rounds it is making sence.

I joined the group on Ravlery also, in fact the moderator is the author!!

Your socks look wonderful. They are sooooo much fun to make. I still can't crochet a pair!:think

What's your Ravelry name? If you don't mind, I'd like to add you to my list of friends.

My book still hasn't come.:(

I'm at Ravelry, too, and would like to join that group! I am just getting into sock making! :yay

My name at Ravelry is also LavenderBear if you guys want to add me to your friends' group! :yes

Suzanne - I've added you to my list of friends. I'm LaurieE in Ravelry.

My Ravelry name is darleneray!!

I have had the flu the last couple days, hoping to get back to my socks and get some pics up tonight.

The Magic Loop method (which is a toe up sock), really makes sock knitting a breeze. Now if I can just wrap my crocheting brain around the 2 at a time concept.

I do magic loop but I have two circs and do one sock on each just doing a little bit on one then a little bit on the other. Knit Picks Fixed circs are affordable so it's not that bad to buy two. This way I have avoided SSS.

Archived