Gah! Easter Egg bookmark help!

jingles96

Question

Has anyone made this Easter egg bookmark?

I am missing something in the Row 2-4 area of the main egg. In row 2 I have 12 dc's like it says I should. Row 3 reads a little odd, but I think I have it. It should look something like

this:

_   _      _     _     _
Row 3: \/  \ \   \ \   \ \   \/
Row 2: | | | | | | | | | | | |

However, I do not get the correct number of stitches on Row 4 when I do this. I've tried reading Row 3 many different ways, and examing the photo on the site, but I just can't make it work. :ideanot

Anybody have an idea? Please?

Thanks!

edited to get the row symbols to show correctly

3 answers to this question

Row 3 says.....

ROW 3: Dc in first dc. *Sk next dc. Dc, ch1, dc in next dc. Rep from * across. You will end up with a dc, ch1, dc in top of ch3. Ch1, turn.

Are you doing the dc, ch 1, dc all in one dc? See if the change I made to the instructions make it easier to read.

ROW 3: Dc in first dc. *Sk next dc. (Dc, ch1, dc) in the next dc. [THE dc, ch1, dc IS ALL IN ONE dc] Rep from * across. You will end up with a dc, ch1, dc in top of ch3. Ch1, turn.

Hope this helps - Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your reply. I tried it that way too, but then I end up with something like this:

_   _  _   _   _   _ _
Row 3: \/  \/ \/  \/  \/  \/\/
Row 2: | | | | | | | | | | | |

which seems wrong. Note that there is no skipped dc between the last two V's. Or maybe this is right? :shrug

Okay, my second solution to Row 3 was the "correct" one. I don't like how that pattern is written up. But, I now have a cool looking Easter egg bookmark. I don't think I'm going to make anymore though. My bobbles don't look like the bobbles in the photo. :shrug

Thanks for you help Lucy.

Archived