FINISHED!! Help w/ some blankets for my sons

jessicagil

The blanket is done!

2915811413_7436df1a8a_m.jpg

Thanks everyone who sent me squares. I have 14 left over. Since Sissie no longer needs squares I will be looking for some other charity here on cville to take them. I will try to get pictures of the blanket once we are at the beach or park wherever it is safer to take pictures.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Jessica. So much your little ones are going through. I would be happy to help. Any deadline for when you need the squares?:hug:hug:hug:hug

Joyce

Well the visits started today, but the really big things are happening in July & August & will be continuing after Christmas. So the sooner the better but no specific time. If I get more then I need I had plans on sending them to Sissie for her blankets. I really appriciate anything. I just know I can't do it all by myself and the boys think the squares I get in swaps are so cool.

I'll try to find the right colors and bang out a couple by the weekend. I'll PM you when I need address to mail

Joyce

Well the visits started today, but the really big things are happening in July & August & will be continuing after Christmas. So the sooner the better but no specific time. If I get more then I need I had plans on sending them to Sissie for her blankets. I really appriciate anything. I just know I can't do it all by myself and the boys think the squares I get in swaps are so cool.

One more question, JUST blues and reds or are you open to whites, grays, zebra stripe? Just curious. I have two different blues and red so I'm good, but wondering if there was any room for variety.

Thanks

Joyce

Just as long as it doesn't look girly I am all for it. So no purples, pinks, & the likes.

Thanks. You have such a task ahead of you I wanted to make at least two per child and figured the darkers (greys, zebra print) would help out because it's what I have in my stash. Thanks

Joyce

A couple of questions for you:

1) Do your boys know you're doing this? If so, I'd like to address the squares to the boys, getting their own mail might help cheer them up a bit.

2) What are their ages and would anything be wanted to help the visits go by smoothly for them? Ie, books, coloring books, legos, etc.

Great ideas!

1) Do your boys know you're doing this? If so, I'd like to address the squares to the boys, getting their own mail might help cheer them up a bit.

2) What are their ages and would anything be wanted to help the visits go by smoothly for them? Ie, books, coloring books, legos, etc.

To answer your questions...

1) No they do not. I did not want to mention anything to them unless I knew I was going to get help or not. You can address the squares to them. Their names are David, Dustin, & Jeremy Reil.

2) David is 10, Dustin is 9, & Jeremy is 6. They all love legos. They have over 400 books that are packed still. Coloring books don't entertain them, but drawing with color pencils & crayons do. They do have a sever case of sibling rivalry so if you do buy them anything try to make it the same thing.

I dunno how to express my gratitude that people would care enough to help out. If I could do it myself I would. But I am so glad to know that there are people that care.

I'll make at least 1, more if I can. I'm so sorry to hear all the boys are going thru. Will keep your family in my prayers. :hug

thank you so much!

Thanks. You have such a task ahead of you I wanted to make at least two per child and figured the darkers (greys, zebra print) would help out because it's what I have in my stash. Thanks

Joyce

Thanks so much for making that many! Anything would be great as long as it is not girly.

To answer your questions...

1) No they do not. I did not want to mention anything to them unless I knew I was going to get help or not. You can address the squares to them. Their names are David, Dustin, & Jeremy Reil.

2) David is 10, Dustin is 9, & Jeremy is 6. They all love legos. They have over 400 books that are packed still. Coloring books don't entertain them, but drawing with color pencils & crayons do. They do have a sever case of sibling rivalry so if you do buy them anything try to make it the same thing.

I dunno how to express my gratitude that people would care enough to help out. If I could do it myself I would. But I am so glad to know that there are people that care.

I remember how I used to love getting mail when I was a kid. But if you were planning on surprising them, I didn't want to ruin it for you.

I remember how I used to love getting mail when I was a kid. But if you were planning on surprising them, I didn't want to ruin it for you.

I wasn't going to suprise them. I just did not want to mention it until I knew how much help I could get & all. I am sure they would be thrilled to get mail. :D Just include a note the squares need to go to their mommy to put together.

Jessica,

I would be honored to help you out. I have twin boys that are now 33...one twin is Jeremy (who was diagnosed as a diabetic at the age of 16) & his twin brother had the same problem as your son Davey. Unfortunately, back then they didn't see it as a problem!!! You & your children will definitely be in my prayers. Do I pm you now for addy to send them to...or wait until I have squares finished?

Jessica,

I would be honored to help you out. I have twin boys that are now 33...one twin is Jeremy (who was diagnosed as a diabetic at the age of 16) & his twin brother had the same problem as your son Davey. Unfortunately, back then they didn't see it as a problem!!! You & your children will definitely be in my prayers. Do I pm you now for addy to send them to...or wait until I have squares finished?

When you are ready. :D

You said no big holes but would small holes be ok or should the squares just be solid? I may be able to do a few for you but I don't want to commit myself just yet because I have squares to finish and send for another charity project.

You sound like you're going through quite a lot. I have a 10 yr old boy who was diagnosed with ADHD and struggles mightily with school. I'll keep you and your boys in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

Granny squares are ok if the holes are small (like with a F or G hook). If you do send some & I have more then enough Iwill be sending the squares to Sissie or putting them together for a blanket for her seniors. :D

You said no big holes but would small holes be ok or should the squares just be solid? I may be able to do a few for you but I don't want to commit myself just yet because I have squares to finish and send for another charity project.

You sound like you're going through quite a lot. I have a 10 yr old boy who was diagnosed with ADHD and struggles mightily with school. I'll keep you and your boys in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

Jessica

I've finished your squares and I submit them here for approval (I tried to do two coordinating squares per child). Here they are. Let me know if you think there'll be a problem with any of them and PM me your addy:

My embroidery skills need brushing up on

th_DSCF0363.jpg

th_DSCF0360.jpg

th_DSCF0357.jpg

Joyce

Jessica

I've finished your squares and I submit them here for approval (I tried to do two coordinating squares per child). Here they are. Let me know if you think there'll be a problem with any of them and PM me your addy:

My embroidery skills need brushing up on

th_DSCF0363.jpg

th_DSCF0360.jpg

th_DSCF0357.jpg

Joyce

Of course I will take them! No approval needed! They are awesome! thank you so much!

Archived