Suggestions?

Deb

Question

I have some TLC Essentials Dark Plum yarn left over from a Christmas present.

Yesterday I purchased some Sensations Cello yarn (same plum color) and some Bernat Soft Boucle yarn (mixture including the plum).

yarn-3plums.jpg

yarn-3plumsCU.jpg

This yarn is definitely for ME! :D! I want a scarf for myself out of this yarn. And somewhere ( :oops I did NOT mark the link - darnit! :oops ) there is an example of a wonderful free-formish scarf that utilizes different textures of yarns. It's not your average every day scarf.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? I think I saw it linked from here. But for the life of me... I cannot find it. :shrug

Help?

14 answers to this question

:bad I don't think that color will be good for you at all!!! I think you should send me all of that purple (plum) yarn before you make a big mistake!!!!:bad That is gonna be a beautiful scarf when you find your pattern and make it. Hope you find your pattern soon can't wait to see it finished!:frog

hahaha! Pam... darlin'.... this yarn is MINE! :wink Plum is a very good color on me. :nana

Tricia, thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out. :thumbsup

i'm probably going to be no help at all.....

do you remember any part of the name?

what about how it looked ---- i surf patterns and sites at night when i can't sleep..... maybe i've crossed it.

or maybe.... what are you wanting... perhaps you can design your own, just needing a little help???

:ideanot

OH OH OH!!! i think i know what you are talking about.....

was it done in greens???? olives and such????

i think it was called "homage scarf" something like that?!?

I thought I saw the scarf on Gina Renay's site... but I surfed there for awhile with no luck at all.

hmm... :thinking1

I'm gonna Google that homage scarf thing... :google see what I find. :sherlock

Thanks Rebecca! :)h

Hi Guys,

One of my students started making a cowl neck hooded scarf with this yarn.

Brought it into class for me to see. With out seeing the pattern, I could tell the yarn would of been too heavy for what she wanted to make.(plus, she wasn't following the pattern anyway....way too big).

After some manuvering(don't ask!!), I got the pattern (from Ebay), realized she needed to use some type of sport yarn.

Now she wants to know what can she make with the Cotton Plus yarn.

I've never used it, so I'm at a lost....

BTW, she wants to make a wearable item (like a sweater or vest)

Any suggestions?

Ken

I've never used the cotton plus yarn either, or even seen it over here (Germany) so I can't suggest anything... but my eyes perked up at the thought of a cowl neck hooded scarf.... I'm making a very simple hooded scarf out of RH Symphony and though it's a bear if you need to frog (can be done with patience tho) It's soooo soft and yummy. I could see that working for her cowl scarf. Very light weight stuff. Mmmm and did I mention soft? ;)

Have you tried this web site? Lots of scarves here.

www.crochetpatterncentral...carves.php

Is the cotton plus like sugar and cream? If so, than you can use it in any pattern you use a worsted weight or 4 ply yarn.

Have her try http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com. Lot's of free patterns there. :woohoo

Hoped I helped. New at this forum stuff. Lots of fun and lots of advice.

Happy crafting :artist:knit :wave :)

Archived