What yarn for skin tone??

bennance

Question

11 answers to this question

I mainly have to shop at walmart for my yarn.....yea. :(

I ususally end up using Carons simply soft....if cream.

They have a darker shade of tan also, that works nice too.

I had this same question recently. I had a lone skein of a perfect skin tone made by Bernat, berrila 4 (I think). I have since lost the ball band and have no idea what the color name was. I went back to my lys to see if I could get more....no luck....it had been discontinued. I have tried online and ebay with no luck. I did pick up a skein of the new Vanna's yarn that isn't too bad. I'm at work right now so I can't check for the color.

I will watch this thread to see if anyone else has any ideas.....

Thank you to everyone who responded.

I would love suggestions of specific brands and colors.

I used Red Heart Classic yarn in light peach and was pleased with the results. But it's very peach, and I don't like how it looks with a lot of other pink or red-tone yarn (for dresses, embellishments, etc). Then I tried Red Heart plush yarn in cream. This was also OK. I'm still looking for other brands and colors to try.

Thanks for your help!

diferent colors for diferent skin tone, I find camel from peaches and cream yarn is great for tanned/ medium skin tones, browns for darker, also from red heart, they make a color, aran(ecru from peaches and cream is nearly the same) is good for paler skin tones.

Hope this helps!

When I make dolls I use Caron Wintuk in a light pink I think they call baby pink. It makes a really good peach skin. It's not quite as pink as they show in the color sample pics on the caron website.

Archived