Knitted Tulip Dishcloth

ChayaSar

Well, I was in the Kit and Kaboodle swap and my partner sent me a great pattern book I've wanted for a while, called Garden Dishcloths to Knit, 12 Designs by Melissa Bergland Burnham, my partner also sent me 12 balls of cotton, enough to do every pattern in the book-- even in the suggested colors! :manyheart

Anyway, this is my first completed Knit Project... I know why would I want a knit book if I've only ever knit swatches when learning before... well just that, doing the swatches was frustrating and unfulfilling, and from the time I first saw this book I thought "hey, those are cute enough to make me want to knit again" :lol

So glad I did too! Here's my dishcloth, can you see the potted tulip??

th_DSC01267.jpg

th_DSC01266.jpg

Hi Jadyn05, I am happy that you are enjoying your package. You are fast 1 dishcloth done already and another cast on its only Tuesday. It took me over a month to get all the dishcloths in that book done. I love the patterns and I am ready to start all over again. I tried to get as close as I could to the colors. I think I missed it with a few. The names for the colors in the pattern book and going to the store and buying them are so different. I can't wait to see the birdhouse!:crocheting

• 1 month later...

that's very pretty. i wouldn't want to use it to wash my dishes. i'd be hanging it up or something. XD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

:clap:cheer:clap:cheer !!! Great job! Yes, the tulip shows right up. :yes

Y'all, I have that book too. Don't you think that the motifed dishcloths, alternated with some "un-motifed" dishcloths, and joined together would make a nice afghan?

melanie

Archived