Re-teaching my mom

I was so tickled when I was at my mom's today and we were about to leave and she said oh wait before you go I need you to do something for me, and of course I said ok, then she brings me a skein of yarn and a hook, and asked me to start her a granny square. I just looked at her and said no, but I'll show you how to start a granny square, I used to sit and watch my mom crochet, so it was nice to give back to her. I haven't seen her crochet in over 20 years, she said she couldn't remember how to start her granny. I was so tickled to re-teach my mom, I was a little worried because she is a lefty and I am a righty, but she picked it right back up. I even showed her youtube and how to pull up videos of left handed crocheters in case she needed help and I wasn't there. :clap:hook:clap So now she is one her way to a granny square blanket, she even seemed interested in making a sweater for her little chi. :clap

Yay!!! My mum always comments on what she used to make (she didn't teach me) but has never gotten the bug to start again. Shetells me that "noone crochets as much as you" and I had to laugh. I don't crochet nearly as much as most people here.

Archived