Mi Primo Emilita – 15” doll pattern >Image intense

darski

Mi Primo Emilita 15” doll pattern :pinterest

post-4896-135897798466_thumb.jpg

Our little one has been invited to take part in her cousin Emily’s Quincenara.

post-4896-135897798525_thumb.jpg

Note:

4.mm, 5.mm, 5.5 mm and 8mm hooks and WW yarn in white and bits of other colours. The pink overskirt is made of a finer WW yarn.

DNBO = do not break off.

The dress…

post-4896-135897798515_thumb.jpg

Ch 31 with white.

Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 5, ch 6, sk 5 st, hdc in next 12, ch 6, sk 5, hdc in last 6 sts.

Row 2: hdc in every hdc and chain stitch

Row 3: hdc across. Secure the white yarn but DNBO.

Row 4: att pink at opposite end and sc across row. Move white yarn up in last sc (if you know how)

Row 5-7: Repeat row 4 using mauve, blue and green .

Row 8: pick up white again. Hdc in 17, [hdc/dc] in next, [dc/hdc] in next, hdc to end.

Row 9: You should now be working a right side row – it matters as you must work in Back Loop Only for this row.

If you are on a Wrong side then switch and work in FLO instead.

… (dc in 2, 2 dc in next)6times, hdc in 2, (2dc in next, dc in 2) to the end of row. (ballpark = 50sts)

post-4896-135897798519_thumb.jpg

Row10:dc evenly across and join. Ch 2 (or3) and turn

Row 11: dc across row and work a dc over the joining gap (51 dc)

Row12: dc evenly around

Row 13: switch up a hook size – [dc in 2, 2dc in next] around.

Row 14 -17: work evenly in dc.

Row 18: [dc in 1, 2 dc in next] around. Break off white.

Pink mesh overskirt..

Go back to row 9 and you will be working in those available Front Loops. Attach pink yarn at CB and return to 5.mm hook

Row OS 1: ch 4, *dc in next, ch 1* repeat across row but work in an extra dc at Centre Front. Ch 5 turn

Row OS 2: *dc in next dc, ch 2* repeat to end , join in 3rd ch of 5, ch 6 and turn. (join all round now.

You will now begin working in Treble Crochet

Row OS 3-5: *Tr in next dc, ch 2* to end (39 ch 2 – mesh )

Row OS 6:. Decorative edging row

*Ch 4, sc in next Tr, ch 6, sc in next Tr, ch 4, sc in next Tr.* around. Note that you will have two chain 4 sections together as you work around. Look at the pics to see how this looks.

post-4896-135897798513_thumb.jpg

Finish the bodice. With white, attach yarn at top left edge.

Row 1: sc in 3, double decrease over next 3 sts, sc in 3rd ch of strap, YO and work dc between the first two hdc of bodice row 1. work 3 more dc, work double dc decrease, dc between next 4, sc in 3rd ch of strap, sc in 2, double sc decrease over next 3, sc in last 3hdc. Break off, tidy ends and add buttons or closure.

The Shoes:

post-4896-135897798528_thumb.jpg

With Green and 5mm hook ,

Row 1: ch6, 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next, hdc in 2, 5hdc in end, hdc in 2, sc in 1, 3 more sc in beginning st. join. This is the heel part.

Row 2: work sc around with 2 sc in the 3 hdc at the top of the toe part and only work extra in the heel part if it is needed to keep the sole flat. Break off green and tidy ends.

Flip the sole good side down and attach blue.

post-4896-13589779853_thumb.jpg

Row3: work FPsc in every stitch around, join and turn

Row 4: work around in hdc with a decrease on each side of the heel section. Break off blue.

attach mauve in heel area –> don’t work in your yarn tail

Row 5: hdc around working 5 decreases over the toe area.

If your shoe is still too lose, work one more decrease as you get back to heel again.

Break off mauve with a tail dangling Tie off your two mauve ends into a bow and tidy and secure your bow. I found this bow helpful for getting these shoes on Dora’s feet.

The High Heels :wlol

post-4896-135897798542_thumb.jpg

With pink (or more suitable sole colour) and 4mm hook

Row 1: ch 2, 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join.

Row 2: sc in each sc, join and ch1

Start sole section

Row3: 2 hdc in next 2 sc. Ch1 turn

èhdc in 1, 2 hdc in next 2, hdc in last.

èHdc in each hdc

èHdc in 2, hdc decrease, hdc in 2

èSc in 1st, hdc in 3, sc in last s

Secure and break off pink.

Attach white at the heel section…

Row 1: Work sc stitches in the heel area and hdc around the toe section.

Row 2: sc in heel, hdc in rest but work 4 deceases over the toe area. Join and break off White. Tidy all ends.

I added buttons in pink and white to include all the colours used so far

Attach securely to the pillow.

The Pillow…

post-4896-135897798537_thumb.jpg

With 3 strands of pink WW yarn and a large (8.mm) hook

Ch 9 and work 3 rows of 8 hdc each. Secure and tidy these ends. Attach beads to the beginning thread tails if you wish – else tidy away these too. Find a way to secure this “pillow” on Dora’s arm.

post-4896-135897798523_thumb.jpg

The Crown…

post-4896-135897798533_thumb.jpg

Ch 4, and join to form ring

Row 1: ch 5, *Tr in ring, ch1* repeat 9 times. 10 Tr and 10 Ch1 spaces.

Row 2 - 3: ch 7, * tr in next Tr, ch 3* around and join. Break off and tidy ends.

If you wish you can add a 3D floral motif to the top. I really don’t like mine so I am not including it in the pattern.

Get the crown wet in hot water and wring out lightly. Put some white glue in your palm and work it through the wet crown. Let the crown dry over a round object … balloon, plastic wrapped ball of yarn or whatever.

post-4896-135897798535_thumb.jpg

Once it has dried, squash it so that it is only one ‘layer’ tall.. Mine spiraled nicely at this point. You will need to find a bobby pin or something to keep this on her head.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2008

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897798539_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh my goodness!!!! That outfit is sooooooooo adorable!!!! I can't believe the creativity. I have a few outfits that I made already, This one is going on that list, and just in time for my daughter's 5th birthday in August. She is going to love dressing up Dora. Thank you for sharing!!!! I really love the crown. What a cute way of making it.

Hello I am new to this website. I saw these lovely Dora Doll outfits and have made one. I came across the abbreviation: FPsc...can you please explain to me the abbreviations you use? In Malta we use the British form of instructions but a friend had given me the abbreviations of some basic stitches in American but I had never come across this. I hope you can help me so I can continue the Dora doll dress.

Hello I am new to this website. I saw these lovely Dora Doll outfits and have made one. I came across the abbreviation: FPsc...can you please explain to me the abbreviations you use? In Malta we use the British form of instructions but a friend had given me the abbreviations of some basic stitches in American but I had never come across this. I hope you can help me so I can continue the Dora doll dress.

FPsc stands for a Front Post Single Crochet.

it is where you work your single crochet as a post stitch so that you get a very clear change of direction in your work. Are you familiar with working "Post" stitches?

Archived