Butterfly bookmark

yarngal

Question

I did this butterfly pattern from www.angelfire.com/wv/happ...maryg.html

hoping to make the butterfly bookmark modification suggested by "Seneca and Scooch" of crochetville - but all i have now after doing the first 3 rounds is a flower - how do i make this into a butterfly? and also what does this instruction refer to:

"Swallow Tail Picot: chain 6, slip stitch in top of # 6 double crochet

(put picots in first 2 scallops, regular scallop in next two, picot in next two scallops, regular scallop in last 2 scallops) Fold in half so tails line up. "

Where do i do this?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Subha

5 answers to this question

When you're all finished, you're going to fold it in half so instead of a flower you'll have the butterfly. You can even fold it now and see.

The picot part is what you see in the first picture, the one on the left. It's the pointy parts on the bottom of the wings. The second picture, the red/white/blue butterfly doesn't have it.

You don't have to add it if you don't want, it's just a different look.

I can't wait to see yours all finished. :)

These are so easy and fast to make. I made only the butterfly and then turned them into hair thingees for my GD, she loves them, and so do her friends, I just run a piece of ribbon on the back and tie it on, or I use bobbie pin, many other ways, also, use many types of thread or yarn. :angel

Archived