Crochet Makes Life Easier

When I look around my small motorhome, I realize all the things I have made that make life easier in a limited space. Made a really giant shopping bag that I use for laundry. Other sizes to take down to shower room. Have made a lot of rugs from fleece scraps. Made a really large one that I can roll up. We use it when my husband has to get under one of our vehicles to do repair. Anyway, I took a picture of some of my practical projects.

Most of these containers are crocheted from fleece scraps, but one in the middle is from plastic bags. The green and yellow one is made for the bathroom-think smaller than an airplane bathroom. Regular trash cans would not fit, so I made one to fit the space I have. We use some stainless bowls, since most things break on the road. However, they are either too cold or too hot to hold, so I made cozies to fit around the bottom from scrap fleece.

It makes me feel good to know my crocheting is not only frugal but makes life easier for us.

http://s.37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/ambercrafts/recycle%20repurpose/?action=view&current=003.jpg

Gosh-thanks! I never know whether things are worth sharing or not. For other motor-homers, if you have the total lack of space for shoes and have to crawl down to get to them, I finally came up with something that works for me. There is no room for shoe rack, not enough room for boxes. I even tried crocheting little bags to put pairs in. Took up too much room. Now I crochet a double strand of yarn just long enough to make a tie and tie them together. Now when I reach blindly in and pull out a shoe, the matching one is with it. Small Victories!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the ideas, my dad just bought an RV so I will be making some things for it soon and I love your idea about the stainless bowls -I hate to pick them up when they're cold! lol

• 6 months later...

Archived