100% virgin wool

hollier2002

Ok gals..I have a question. I was given a whole bunch of yarn last summer and I just got around to looking in the last bag. Guess what I found? 2 hanks(??) and another that is used .. so 2 and a half hanks of 100% virgin wool.

Ok. Now on to the question. What do I do with it? I have been reading about the felting .. can I do it with this yarn? How about the dyeing with kool-aid. Is this the yarn that I do that with? I am new to this so I don't know what to do. Oh yeah, this yarn is kind of old. The tags are just crumbling off of them.

One hank is 2 oz so I should have almost 6 ounces. Any ideas on what to do with it?????

Just crochet bag for yourself using sc or hdc and a I,J or K hook. once the bag is done, toss it in an old pillowcase and tie the end shut. Toss in washer, hot water with a little soap and a couple towels and run through a cycle. When it's done, check it. If it seems "fulled" enough for you, let it air dry. if not, run it through again. That's it!

Can I dye it first? It is off white and I would rather it be green or blue. White is easily stainable and with 3 kids I know it will get stained up real quick.

Archived