Completed Cathedral Rose Window

badrhinogillett

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kathryn, it is simply gorgeous! I also have this pattern and one day hope to crochet it! I'm thinking possibly starting Jan of 2009 after the fall/winter holidays.

Congrats on a most lovely finish! :clap

Yours is pretty. I should relly start working on mine again!

Thank you so much! You know... I think if I ever do this again :eek, I'd do the piece work all ahead of time... make all the Heptagons, both large and small, before I even started. That way, Once the first section is pieced together I could just get moving on it.

So, pick it up again, and treat it like it's just a travel project!

:ty:day that is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen....at least so far!! Great work!!:woo

That's very nice of you to say. Thank you.

Thank you everyone! I tell my mom about my friends at the Ville and she's jealous that she doesn't crochet! It's so nice to have all you wonderful people to share my work with. Thank you for making me feel so good! :manyheart

Thank you so much! You know... I think if I ever do this again :eek, I'd do the piece work all ahead of time... make all the Heptagons, both large and small, before I even started. That way, Once the first section is pieced together I could just get moving on it.

I have a few friends that are making this and they did all the pieces before putting it together. It's good to get other's opinions on how they did it and what was easier for them.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

OMG!! It is stunning!!!:clap:clap:clap I am so proud of you!! When a lot of the ladies at the ville began talking about this afghan, I ordered the pattern, wanting to make me one. :yes Well, the pattern is still in the same envelope that it was sent to me!!:D I got scared of the instructions!!:scared and lost interest!! :2eek Yours is magnificent and I love the colors that you chose!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!! Maybe one day I willlll............:scrachin

How beautiful!! I seen a pattern for one of these on Annie's Attic and thought I would love to do one, but didn't think I could do it and stick with it .. but after reading your story I am going to try it!! Thank you for the inspiration!

Everyone has been so nice! Thank you! For those of you who said you've thought about doing it-- DO IT! It's the biggest confidence booster you can try! What's great about it, is it is just simple stitches.... DC, HDC, SC. If you can do those, then you can do this. You just need patience... and in my case... 2 1/2 years! :lol

Congratulations!:yay:jumpyay:woo:fame:flower:drool

You deserve a big hand for completing this one!!!!

Fantastic!!! You should be very proud of yourself!!

It turned out beautiful!!!!!

I've had this pattern for a few years now and can't

even start it.

Linda :sun

http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com

Archived