Completed Cathedral Rose Window

badrhinogillett

I joined Crochetville in late 2005, and saw the thread for this ghan and the crochet-a-long for it. My immediate thought was that there was no way I was talented enough to even consider doing it. The more I thought about that, the more that I felt that was an attitude that I didn't want to pass along to my DD. So, I knew I had to at least try this.

Everyone here has been so helpful that this was actually a far easier project than I could have imagined. This took me alot of time... I started in Jan of 2006 and worked on it at night and weekends till May of that year, when I started on crochet for my next baby -- he was born in Nov 2006. I didn't pick this up again till the end of Jan this year. I just finished this tonight. So, this has been about 7 or 8 months of work, over 2 1/2 years. This was the biggest confidence booster in crochet I ever could have tried. I'm really pleased with the results!

100_3755.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohmigosh!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :clap

I wanted to do this pattern when I saw the CAL - but was kinda intimidated by it too -- maybe now I'll give it a try though. :)

What a great afghan!!

It is amazing. Congratulations on persevering until you met your goal! I have been following this thread for the last month (since I joined Crochetville). I would love to try this pattern, but not sure I am ready for the commitment now. Maybe after I get some of my WIP's finished.....

Archived