Stitches East

jpr54_

i was at ac moore this evening for a class and instructor was telling us about bus trip to atlantic city in september for this event-

has anyone gone to stitches east/west?

joanne

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Stitches Market last year with a few friends. It was great! This year I have signed up for some classes. Unfortunately they're not offering too much for crochet. I'm taking two knitting classes and a class on dying wools. And of course I can't wait to get back into that market.

You can find information at www.knittinguniverse.com

-Jen

I went to Knitting Universe and it won't take my info, for some reason. The dyeing wool class would be great. I just really want to walk around and look and feel the yarn. I am hoping a few fellow members can go too!

i went to Atlantic City last year (it was in October). The conference center is great-just inside Atlantic City off the main entrance. We stayed at the Sheraton, which was right across the street. Took 4 classes (knitting), did lots of shopping and BOY, was everyone wearing their handmade items. Ponchos, shawls, purses, bags, hats---they were EVERYWHERE. And the market is so huge it's confusing. You just don't know what to buy first!!:eek

Anyway, I enjoyed it. I think I will do it again, maybe next year. I haven't quite decided if 2006 is StitchesEast or the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival. For living in Florida, I sure like wool and sheep:blush

I'll be there Saturday if anyone wants to meet up between/after classes. Sun AM I'm also taking a class but I have to head home for a family party right after its over. _Jen

I subtly mentioned to my honey that Atlantic City is only 5 or so hours away and wouldn't a weekend up there be nice ... we shall see if I can convince him! I'd absolutely love to see the market and maybe get to meet some of ya'll.

Archived