afghan help! PLEASE! again. i am cryin here

kylee21

Question

i am trying to make this afghan. i gotta finish this by march 9th because my mothers birthday is on the 10th. it is my first attemp at doing an afghan and i am lost before i even have started. its from caron.com and these are the instructions.

what i need to know is what do i do first. do i start at the section that says TO CROCHET AFGHAN or do i start with the practice pattern. also what is the V- row. is that the pattern?:bang

Practice pattern: Very important that you do this practice pattern. (Note: Ch 3 and turn at end of each row; the turning ch 3 is the edging row.)

With Color c, ch 25;

Row 1: (Foundation Row) Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across. (23 dc)

Repeat Rows 3-4 six more times for practice.

TO CROCHET AFGHAN: NOTE: (Rows 3-4 are the pattern rows)

With Color C, ch 214;

Row 1: Work foundation row 1 of Pattern (212 dc).

Pattern reduced to help with question.

5 answers to this question

I'm guessing you mean this pattern:

caron.com/projects/op/pro...uvian.html

Yes, you have to do the practice pattern first so you learn the stitch they use. It's going to form a pattern on one side of the afghan.

Then once you do that and feel comfortable with the pattern, you can start on the afghan.

The V-row would be the pattern row. You'll have a back side of it and a front side of it.

My suggestion is if you're very good at picking new things up, go ahead and do the swatch and make the blanket.

However if you're not, since you have less than a month to do all of this, I'd find a different pattern. But only you know what you can and can't do. :)

is this how i start the afghan:

ch 214, and then when it says row 1, i go straight into the foundation row 1.

also at the part where it says

Row 2: (Foundation Row - Back Side) Skp first dc (edging), * dc in each of the next 3 dc, turn work to right side, count back 3 dc just worked, yo, and draw up a long loop in base of this st, work a very loose dc

how long should that loop be? and how loose do i make the dc

i am stuck again at this part:

Row 3: (V-Row - Right side) *3 dc in next 3 dc, past LDC, count back 3 dc just worked, work a LDC from back to front into same st as LDC in previous row, skp 1 at (top of LDC in previous row), repeat from * across. End row with dc in turning ch - (7 LDC).

Row 4: (V-Row - Back side) * skp 1 st, dc in next 3 dc, turn to right side, count back 3 dc just worked work LDC into same st as previous row (skipped st), turn to back side, repeat from * across.

Archived