a few of my beaded flowers and a butterfly

Tina M.

100_0201.jpg

000_0011.jpg

100_0241.jpg

I love to make beaded flowers and such, and believe it or not, it is very relaxing. I have many different types around my house, cuz I love flowers but don't have much of a green thumb. So, those who can't grow 'em, make 'em. Ha! Thanks for looking

Those are so artistic. Can I ask how you do the stems?

For the stems, I use heavy floral wire wrapped in the floral tape. If the flower is heavy then I use more than one wire. The french beaded flowers are really not hard to make, they just look it. I had bought a book, but it sat for a year before I was brave enough to try. And then I was mad for waiting so long.

Tina M.

Your flowers are beautiful!!!!! I have several books myself and only made a rose and now I am getting back into it.

How long did it take you to complete them?

Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

I think it would depend on what you are making as to how long it will take. I would say if you were going to make one flower with the leaves, you could get it done watching a show. The most time is in stringing the beads. The first flower I made was the daisy and I strung each bead one at a time. OMG did that take awhile. In a lot of the books they talk about a bead spinner, which is pricey and hard to find. What I did was take an oversized easter egg and hot glue a pencil into the bottom of it. Fill it with beads. Take your wire and make a small curve in the end pointing it towards the beads, and spin with your left hand and graze the top of the beads with the wire end with your right hand. The beads will literally jump onto the wire. The more beads in it the better. This is what saves so much time. I have made an actual-sized hyacinth beaded plant with leaves and potted it and it took inside a few days of on and off working on it. I also made a huge gladiola with 5 flowers and some buds inside of a week. I don't mean to be so wordy, but I hope this helps.

If you do make some, I would love to see them. I think they are beautiful and would love to look at someone elses.

• 1 month later...

oh, LOOK at those daisies!! i LOVE them!! =D daisies are my favorite flowers. they're very cute.

Very pretty! Are they crocheted?? Thanks for sharing!

No, they are not crocheted. I had it originally posted in "other", but it got moved.

Archived