curved crochet work

Guest froggiefreddy

Question

Guest froggiefreddy

my work is getting curved, if you lay it flat it looks like a rainbow or a sideways C. I am working on this stitch pattern and it says to chain, then then add a few more stitches and then double crochet chain 2 and then single crochet in the same space. then skip 2 and then do 2 double crochets, chain 2 single crochet all in the same space, continue until end. When i get to the following rows and lay my work down it is curving. I had this problem with another stitch pattern, and I am thinking it has something to do with the skipping of chains. HELP!! I am so frustrated with this right now.

4 answers to this question

:welcome

I am newish to this site also but have been crocheting for years, so, here goes. When you begin, how many chains do you start with AND what are the instructions for the first two rows? I'll work them and see what happens.

Don't croak yet.

:frog

Deb

Sometimes that happens when the beginning chains are too tight, so some people find it helpful to use a larger hook to make the beginning chain and then switch back to the smaller hook for the rest. I usually have to make a conscious effort to chain loosely for the beginning chain (I have a bad habit of using too much tension), but even if it's a little curved I find it straightens out as I add more rows.

I agree...the beginning chain is probably too tight.

Try again making the foundation looser than you think you need to make it. You'll be surprised at how much the second row tightens it up. :)

Barbara

Archived