"Pretty in Pink" Cradle Purse!

shuttlebuggy

Here is my second attempt creating a cradle purse from the pattern offered on CPC whose designer was Irene Duquette, the pattern is offered free there at the CPC site.

I enjoy not only making these little purses with the special surprise inside but the squeels of delight and precious smiles from the little girls who recieve them as birthday presents :yay

This one in fact was made for a special bday girl after she saw her cousin recieve one from me on her bday - she put a "special request" in for hers ahead of time so I just couldn't resist as she asked me so sweetly!:hug

So this time it is pretty in pink instead of purple as the first was -

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/?action=view&current=693dbd4a.pbw

Thanks for looking everyone and for your sweet words :hug it was really fun to make and to share! I know I will be making more for the little girls on my list that have bdays coming :)

That is too funny! I am 45 years old and my Grandmother made me one of these when I was about 6 years old... I called it my "church purse". She made it a bit different... back then dish soap came in colored plastic bottles... she cut the top off of a pink bottle and used a paper punch to made holes around it and then she even sewed a little mattess for it. I loved that purse and still have it!!! LOL! You did a great job! I have tried to make on like my grandma made but dish soap now comes in clear bottles ... and it just didn't look right. I love your! Great job!

The pattern is on Crochet Pattern Central and is offered by Irene Duquette - it starts out doily-like but then has a few surprises along the way but nothing difficult - very fun!

• 11 months later...

I was just going to ask the same question about the dolls! Where did you find yours? I also have to say that I love this pattern and the colors you chose came out so cute! :cheer It was fun to see all your pics and I imagine any little girl would absolutely love to have one of her own!! This is going on my list of things to make!! I just have a few WIPS to finish up.:hook I am fighting the urge to start on one this morning!

Makes

Very pretty! You did a great job, she will love it. May I ask where you got the little dolls?

So pretty!

To the previous posters asking about dolls, I have made a few of these & found the little dolls at Walmart in the toy section. They were pretty inexpensive but I can't remember how much they were--I think around $1.50?

Archived