What glue do u use to attach felt eyes?

melisa-sriwulandari

Question

10 answers to this question

There is hot glue specially for fabric. Also there is felt that is peel and stick but I have no clue who either of these washes up. There is a fabric glue that is washable like Aleene's OK to wash it, I have used that before with fabric apliques and it holds up well. Mary

:lolwell I have to say that I use hot glue alot.. I have even glued a ruffle on kitchen curtains and had them washing and drying when I thought oh no the ruffle will come off. but it didnt!:eek I was shocked.I know that my kids pull on the eyes too I made pony sticks for christmas and those eyes are still on.

I think the best thing is to slip stitch the eyes with the same colored thread. Then there's no problem of them coming off. I have used "527" glue with success. It is comparible to "E600" glue. I don't like to use hot glue, because it is a pain to take out the glue gun, wait for it to heat, etc. Also, if you don't place it just right, there's no going back. Using the other glues, you have a little leeway in time before it starts to set. The fabric glues. don't work too well on crocheted work.

I use Mod Podge.

It doesn't seem to come off, even though my toys are brutally loved by my 6 year old. I wouldn't use glue like this for tiny babies, though. Saftey eyes or sewing is better for the little ones.

I like it because it is also perfect for decoupage. It dries clear and you can use it for anything. And I like inexpensive things that last a long time.

;)

If its going to be played with i just stitch on the eyes with a tapestry needle and doubled ww yarn

if it isn't.. i thread a button onto the yarn and stitch it on when im to the eye area then go back in and use tacky glue or a hot glue gun at the back of the buttons so they don't wiggle too much.. generally i end up stitching em on though with yarn

Archived