Couple of Hats

lacy lucy

These are two hats I recently made. Mostly free hand , but very much inspired :D

The one with strawberries has little beads sewed onto the berries, but I'm not too sure you can see that detail in the resized picture.

strawberryhat.jpg

derbyhat.jpg

thanks everyone.

i cannot sell this pattern as it is not my brainchild . ive been inspired by pictures ive seen and have only tried to make it work for me by trial and error . i dont know if what im doing is copyright infringement or not . if there are any issues, please do let me know, i'll delete this post.

writing out a pattern is a first for me ... i'll just try my best to make sense :D

the basic spiral hat pattern is what ive used

for those who dont know the steps of a basic spiral hat -

1. make a ring and work 6sc into it.

2. 2sc in each sc - work in circles without joining , use a stitch marker at beg of each row

3.(2sc in next sc, sc in next) around

4.(2sc in next , sc in next 2 sc ) around

5.(2sc in next, sc in next 3 sc ) around

keep on increasing until you get to the desired size . i use two strands of yarn held together and i need to increase until there are 11 stitches between increases ( fits a 7- 10 yr old )

now work in even rounds (sc in each sc ) until u have the desired height( depth) for the hat. F.O

now for the brim :

for the strawberry hat ,

1.(3 dc , 2 ch , 3 dc) around - you can play around with the numbers for different effects

2. rpt R 1

3. with CC, (3sc, 3ch, sc into 2ch space two rows below , 3ch, 3 sc in next 3 sc ) around

you can rpt rounds 1, 2 and 3 as many times as you want

brim for the hat with pink band and flowers :

continue increasing ,( but using dc now ,)from where you left off ( for me, it usually is ( 2 dc in next sc, dc in next 12 sc, 2 sc in next ) around.

repeat the increase until u get the desired size .

as for the applique, just let that imagination run wild - the possibilities are endless.

hope all of that makes sense :think

lacy lucy

• 2 months later...

Archived