Crochetville Yarn Swatch Party! July 13, 2008--REGISTER BY MONDAY, JULY 7

Amy

Sounds like a lot of fun! Too bad I'm 4 1/2 hours away. :(

That's not really THAT far away. Grab a few friends and drive over on Saturday. Split the cost of gas and a hotel room. It wouldn't be that expensive. :)

If anybody does want to to drive in on Saturday, we have two Hobby Lobby stores, a Michael's, lots of Wal-Marts, a bead store, a scrapbooking/rubber stamp store, several quilt and heirloom sewing stores, and more.

We could all meet for dinner somewhere Saturday night. If we could get up to 5-10 rooms, I might even be able to arrange a discount at a local hotel.

I could probably even come up with some meeting space for us to get together and crochet on Saturday afternoon; I bet we could use the library's community room for free, and it's within walking distance of a beautiful lake/park downtown. Of course, it's probably going to be steaming hot in July, so we'd probably want to be indoors anyway!

We could turn this into a mini-Crochetville retreat!

Everyone, we are getting very close to the date of the Yarn Swatch Party in Huntsville, AL----just 9 days away.

The registration deadline is Monday, July 7, to give Meg enough time to make up all the goodie bags. Please, please don't forget to give Meg a call and reserve your spot. You MUST have a reservation to attend. :)

Once you've made your reservation, please post here and let me know. I'll try to update the original thread with the name of those 'Villers who will be attending.

Meg also said that she thinks it will be okay if some people who can't make it register to get the goodie bag mailed to them. (As long as she isn't overwhelmed with thousands of goodie bag orders!) Just remember, there will have to be an extra shipping charge to cover the cost of mailing.

Please don't forget----if you have not registered for the yarn swatching party coming up on Sunday afternoon, please do so today!

There won't be time to make up a goodie bag for you if you call after today.

I really hope some of our Crochetville members will come have fun with us!

• 1 month later...

This sounds like it must have been very fun! What are the chances of something like this happening farther west? I don't know any LYS owners, or I'd try to organize it myself.:yes

Let's see...maybe a group of people could do a DIY version? Not sure how it would work.

Actually, the event was canceled due to lack of registration. We may try to do this again later in the year. Maybe July was just a bad time to try and schedule, or maybe people just really weren't interested in attending.

I know some people from my church had wanted to attend, but it ended up being "decoration day" for our Vacation Bible School program.

Archived