Nidalding

Crochet Snood

Question

I wasn't quite sure where to post this but here it goes....

I've been looking for a pattern for a Snood. You know, Gone with the Wind style. I've found a few knitting patterns but I would like to do it in crochet since i'm not a great knitter. Can anyone help me?

13 answers to this question

I know that one of the ladies on here took a crocheted doily and sewed it to a handband and made a snood out it. I just cant find the link to it now ..sorry.

thank you everybody for all the great links! I really appreciate it. I am probably going to go with the perky snood pattern. It's old-fashioned and it's exactly what i'm looking for.

I was thinking of sewing it to a headband instead of an elastic band and a ribbon. that just seems easier.

What do you guys think?

That is sounds like it should out !Post a picture when you do make it! love to see what you come up with!

Okay, I've been thinking....

instead of sewing it to a headband, what about crocheting in a round and weaving a thin scarf through it.

is that good or ad??

instead of sewing it to a headband, what about crocheting in a round and weaving a thin scarf through it.

I think that would be pretty. Or maybe a ribbon?

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I started in a gray colored yarn and i'm almost finished with it. it's not all that fancy, but it looks great so far. i chose gray because any color scarf or ribbon would go great with it, right?

For horse shows the Snood is put on a bow that has a hair clip on the back of it. I never really thought about crocheting one before. I normally have the problem that the snood is to larger for my very thin, fine hair even when it is past my waist. It never really sits right unless I pin the snood to a smaller size. hmmmmm another project to work on!

i love the idea of the hair hider thingie except without the headband sewed onto it. hmm, is there another way to do it, i wonder, i mean the whole not using the headband thing?