Crochet Snood

Nidalding

Question

I wasn't quite sure where to post this but here it goes....

I've been looking for a pattern for a Snood. You know, Gone with the Wind style. I've found a few knitting patterns but I would like to do it in crochet since i'm not a great knitter. Can anyone help me?

13 answers to this question

thank you everybody for all the great links! I really appreciate it. I am probably going to go with the perky snood pattern. It's old-fashioned and it's exactly what i'm looking for.

I was thinking of sewing it to a headband instead of an elastic band and a ribbon. that just seems easier.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I started in a gray colored yarn and i'm almost finished with it. it's not all that fancy, but it looks great so far. i chose gray because any color scarf or ribbon would go great with it, right?

For horse shows the Snood is put on a bow that has a hair clip on the back of it. I never really thought about crocheting one before. I normally have the problem that the snood is to larger for my very thin, fine hair even when it is past my waist. It never really sits right unless I pin the snood to a smaller size. hmmmmm another project to work on!

Archived