Crochet blues??

Loss of Crochet intrest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Loss of Crochet intrest?

• Yes, all the time
    • NEVER! you're crazy
    • Sometimes ya just gotta walk away...
    • Other.. explain

I am just returning to crochet after having a break of ?? years - I know its longer than 5 years but not sure exactly how long! Anyway - During my so called *BREAK* I have picked up several projects and often started something as I would get the urge to crochet but then no matter what the project was I would have to walk away from it as I burnt out so to speak.

As I was crocheting for a local market - and when you start making the same thing over and over and over - you soon lose all interest. Crochet for me became work - then the work became tedious. SIGH!

Now I am hoping I can re-capture my interest and love for crochet... for the first time in a long time I can pick the hook up without feeling panicked so maybe thats a start ??

• 4 months later...

I crochet off-and-on. I go through obsessive phases. It usually happens when I find a new interest or trade it for something else, which is okay for me. Sometimes you just need to take a break. At the moment, I'm awfully uninspired. It's probably because of my meager, pathetic stash that I have no idea what to do with, so it's just sitting and collecting dust for a while.

• 2 months later...

I must confess that my problem is usually starting another project I want to try before I finish one or switching to another craft like

S c r a pbooking or something. I'm really hopeless!!!

I marked other because right now, I'm not having a problem with crochet, I'm having a problem with my quilting. I just can't seem to get into anything where that is concerned. :-(

I crochet off-and-on. I go through obsessive phases. It usually happens when I find a new interest or trade it for something else' date=' which is okay for me. Sometimes you just need to take a break. At the moment, I'm awfully uninspired. It's probably because of my meager, pathetic stash that I have no idea what to do with, so it's just sitting and collecting dust for a while.[/quote']

That's how it is with me, I get obsessive in what I'm doing when I'm inspired. Whether it's a book reading jag, crocheting (which I am in that phase right now), machine embroidery (not now, my machine is acting up and frustrating me) or quilting (which I just can't seem to get into and finish anything right now). :eek

If it's not fun, it's not fun. I'd say figure out how much longer you have left vs. how much work you have left and divide up the work evenly so you only have to do a little every day. Then start a small/fun project for yourself to enjoy.

I walk away every now and then. I find if I am making something that I have to make like a blanket for a friend to give as a gift or whatever I lose interest. I dont like having a time limit for finishing something, kinda takes away the enjoyment for me.

K

I do get bored with it sometimes, like if I've been nonstop crocheting for a long period of time... and when I do I usualy set it down for a little bit do something else for a while, and then later get back to it :)

I currently have a HUGE project that wasn't my choice to make. My mother asked me to help her with it. I don't know how much I'm supposed to do, but I have a sneaky suspicion she wants me to finish it. :sigh

It drains me of my crochet enthusiasm. I have SO many other things I'd rather make....

But I love the recipient, and I know he'll love the afghan, and I'm pretty darn sure that if I return it to my mother it'll never get finished. So I force myself to work on it and try to keep my other projects to a minimum. I'm waaaay behind on my weight loss afghan because of it, for example. I take a lot of breaks, but I make myself return to it because I'd hate to see it go unfinished.

Archived