Crochet blues??

Loss of Crochet intrest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Loss of Crochet intrest?

• Yes, all the time
    • NEVER! you're crazy
    • Sometimes ya just gotta walk away...
    • Other.. explain

:( I really have just not been able to get into this current blanket and I have less than a month to finish it. I can't blame it all on the "morning sickness" either....help!!

Does anyone else have this problem:eek

I find that if I'm just not 'into' a project, it takes forever. Like my entrelac blanket that is almost finished, but I never want to work on it. I'm hoping once school is out and I'm home all day, I'll get my rear in gear and finally finish it! :blush Maybe if I post a pic here, you guys can guilt me into finishing it! LOL (guilt in a good way:lol)

Maybe get an idea, or a project you REALLY want to do and promise yourself that you can start that one after you finish the blanket?

Sometimes I lose interest in crocheting, especially if I am working on something big like a ghan. I just put it to the side and go do something else that I enjoy doing and I usually always come back to it in a day or two. Sometimes I lose interest and I won't crochet for a day or two. Sometimes I lose interest in my ghans and just do small quick and easy projects and then I will get my interest in my bigger projects back. I have found if I push myself to keep working on a project that I have lost interest in I make more mistakes and end up frogging. So it is best for me to just put it aside. My moods just vary as you can see. But, I always get back in the swing of things eventually, and it usually doesn't take but a few days.

I think we all get in these ruts. Just relax, take it easy. Your interest will come back.

Sending out :hug to you!!!!

I have moments where I get bored with crochet but they are few and far between.

Since joining this board I have tried so many new things that I am usually never bored.

There is also the rare occasion when I have started a project and have to set it aside because I just have no interest in it.

Yes..I got burnt out..I was doing too much at one time!...and after looking at some patterns..and realizing I had only a month to go to finish my dd baby afghan..I got back on the ball! Then she ends up going into labor 2 wks early and now the baby is here and I am still trying to finish her afghan..Thank goodness I am on the edging! LOL!!

There are plenty of times that I need to take a break, usually on larger projects. When it happens I either start another project, something smaller maybe that will give quick satisfaction or I turn to knitting for a few days.

I've started something, then decided the yarn would look nicer somewhere else. Sometimes I guess I just need to see the yarn "in action" to decide where it should end its days :)

It's not like the story of the princess and the frog; rather, I am The Princess of the Frog :lol

I haven't lost interest in crochet per se, but I've certainly lost interest in a particular project from time to time. I usually have so many things going at the same time that it's easy to pick up something else and work on it for awhile.

I haven't lost interest in crochet per se, but I've certainly lost interest in a particular project from time to time. I usually have so many things going at the same time that it's easy to pick up something else and work on it for awhile.

:yes That's me! I sometimes get bored with a project or if it's not working out like I thought it would it becomes very stressful so i have to put it aside. I'll either pick up a different project or read through my patterns and magazines or surf the net for new patterns. :hook I'm rarely on a deadline for a project so there's no reason why I can't put the cumbersome project aside for a breather.

I too tend to get bored with a project then start another one! Like I did so many rr's that now I have one started and no ambition to finish it! Maybe it is the weather and it is getting to warm to make ghans. Need to make some smaller items.

Recently I haven't touched my hooks much at all. I finished off a Project Linus blankie and a few baby hats (for me), but I just can't get into the afghan I'm supposed to be making for my mom.

Part of it is it's getting too warm to work on and the other part is I'm focusing on the fact that my baby is due just about any day now.

There have been other times I just haven't touched my hooks for weeks at a time, but I always come back after a bit, even if it's just to play a bit and not make anything really.

I was on a roll for so long...and yet lately, I haven't worked on an afghan for close to 2 months! And I am very close to finishing the dang thing! I had made many things and then did a very large round ripple for a friend and then her hubby loved that blanket so I'm working on a blanket for him---his is the blanket that I'm at a standstill with. My teen daughter is after me to get crocheting because she has about 3 afghans that she wants me to make for HER, and a couple scarves. I did manage to get the monkey Ipod cover done this week! WHEW! I finished SOMETHING!!

I decided to work up a round tablecloth in thread for a friend who is getting married in July, not taking into account how repetitious some of the rounds would be (new pattern I've never tried before). I make myself work on it a little each day, but I have to have another project going (sometimes more) so I don't completely pack it away & hit the mall to buy a gift. I love to crochet, but this type of repetitious stitching just isn't fun.

I sometimes lose interest in the project that I'm working on, especially if it's giving me problems, but in the five years that I have come back to crocheting (after crocheting VERY sporadically for the previous 10 years) I have never lost interest in crochet itself.

I usually just put the piece aside, as is evidenced by the MANY WIPS laying around my apartment, or, if it's going THAT badly, I'll frog the whole thing and toss the yarn back into my stash so that I'm not reminded that there's this THING there that I don't want to deal with. Sometimes I will go back a couple of months later and work on it, but more often than not I will end up frogging it anyway because I have forgotten where I was on it. The only projects that don't get done that way are afghans, because it's usually relatively easy to remember what you were doing and where you were.

I just got out of a crochet slump....nothing appealed to me and I just couldn't get a project going. Then I went to the Md Sheep & Wool Festival and bought yarn I've never seen before...that helped but I was still not feeling it. Then I decided to try something completely different so I started a tote bag pattern and bingo! Got my groove thing back!:cheer

I don't ever lose interest in crochet but putting down a project to get a breather certainly can help - but I always am crocheting a lil' somethin'! LOLOLOL

Mines is sometimes, due to things going on in my life I will probably put the hook down for a couple of days and go back to it. Or sometimes when I am not inspired enough I would have my off days.

My main problem is that I want to start so many other things that I drag my heals finishing what I should lol But I am working on over coming this like I do every 10 years or so and get all caught up then start the process over again :eek

alicia

Archived