afghan help again Please! doesn't anyone know these stitches

kylee21

Question

this is the pattern here caron.com/projects/op/pro...uvian.html

i am stuck again at this on row 3:

Practice pattern: Very important that you do this practice pattern. (Note: Ch 3 and turn at end of each row; the turning ch 3 is the edging row.)

With Color c, ch 25;

Row 1: (Foundation Row) Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across. (23 dc)

Row 2: (Foundation Row - Back Side) Skp first dc (edging), * dc in each of the next 3 dc, turn work to right side, count back 3 dc just worked, yo, and draw up a long loop in base of this st, work a very loose dc. NOTE: (This long dc (LDC) forms the diagonal float across 3 dc sts over the right side of the work, but cannot be seen on the back side.) Turn to back side and repeat from * across. End row with dc in turning ch - (7 LDC).

Row 3: (V-Row - Right side) *3 dc in next 3 dc, past LDC, count back 3 dc just worked, work a LDC from back to front into same st as LDC in previous row, skp 1 at (top of LDC in previous row), repeat from * across. End row with dc in turning ch - (7 LDC).

Row 4: (V-Row - Back side) * skp 1 st, dc in next 3 dc, turn to right side, count back 3 dc just worked work LDC into same st as previous row (skipped st), turn to back side, repeat from * across.

on row 3 should i be doing 1 dc in the next 3 dc or should i be doing 3 dc into each of the next 3 dc??

also it says that you shouldn't see the LDC from the back. when i try to do the LDC on row 3, i do see the LDC on the back. the pattern says to

work a LDC from back to front into same st as LDC in previous row
i took that to me that instead of sticking the crochet hook into the stitch from the front, that maybe i should be sticking the hook thru from the back. is that correct??

1 answer to this question

Hope this will help.

Be sure you turn your work after each 3 dc on row 2. Not turning will cause your LDC to appear on the wrong side.

For row three, it should read dc in next 3 dc, not 3 dc in each dc.

If you turn your work after the 3 dc each and every time on row 2, you will not see the LDC on the wrong side of your side of your work But you will see the LDC on row 3 because that is the right side. Note that you do not turn after the 3 dc in row 3 so you WILL work your LDC by sticking your hook thru from the back.

This is a really cool pattern.

Hope this helped.

Deb

Archived