Comfort afghan for a young boy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)Yes you did, good for you. Thank you.

What to my surprise, when I went to my mailbox today:mail not one, not two but THREE packages for me! One from Laurie, a red and white one, I will look it up to see what team it is. One from Karen, nanaK, that is a buffalo Bill blue and red square. And then, surprise, two from Canada. They must be Canadian teams, which is cool, because I haven't heard of them before. Hamilton tiger cats which is yellow and black, and a red and black one for the Calgary Stampedes. That was from Melanie or mama24boyz:jumpyay:day:dance. Ok I am ready now for the rest of the squares! I estimate I have six to eight more squares coming my way. Right now I have twenty five squares. Oh yea, his grandma, Christieg is making some squares when she comes to see me on friday, so there is more. She is doing U of M squares too. She already has the yarn.

Oh good! I'm glad you got them. And yes, they are CFL or Canadian Football Legue teams. I tought it would be good, maybe no one else would make the same colours.:hug:manyheart

Yup - You will definitely have one from me...I haven't looked at the pattern yet, but if I can fly through it - I may get 2 made....

I layed them out and it measure sabout 38 by 38. Thats five squares across by five squares down, and I need thirteen more squares. There abouts because I have two other squares here. They were left over after the five squares accross and down. I like five across better than 4 accross. Almost there guys! Thanks Judy. I know your a busy girl.

Oh, I so can't wait to see this one put together! It's so exciting. Judy, that square gave me fits both times I made it, but I was happy with my squares in the end.

Joyce

:cheer Go, judy go! Actually, I know you already made it. Thank you. I got a package today:yay From Joyce, :applause One that is brown orange and white and one that is blue and white. I need to look up teams. But thank you. They are beautiful. That brings my total up to thirty. :jumpyay The blue and white one is the colts and the brown and orange one is the browns.

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

I'm so glad they made it and you are correct on the teams. My hometown team is the Browns and my current "hometown" team is the Colts

I so can't wait to see this ghan

Joyce

:cheer Go, judy go! Actually, I know you already made it. Thank you. I got a package today:yay From Joyce, :applause One that is brown orange and white and one that is blue and white. I need to look up teams. But thank you. They are beautiful. That brings my total up to thirty. :jumpyay The blue and white one is the colts and the brown and orange one is the browns.

I took picture already of the five by five square, two in fact. I made two more squares, I think, they are all running together. And I have a third one almost done in Detroit Lions colors. It's made with RHSS, so different from the ILTY I was using.

Honey - so sorry with the end of school, I totally spaced on this till Judy mentioned it. Anyway I printed the pattern. It looks like someone else was doing the Packers (yellow and green) do you still need that? Or I can do the New England Patriots, which is red, white and blue...Let me know and I'll get it done this weekend and out to you on Monday.

Tammy it wouldn't hurt to have the same team done again, Yours would probably be different from hers. You could make the patriots if you want, I don't have a red white and blue one yet. Some red and white ones, but not red white and blue.

He's so cute....

BTW: I played with the football on the pattern after DH told me it looked like a cookie:lol I really didn't want to start from scratch....:P

Tammy that's cool. I will watch for them. I got two squares from pogo jr! A blue and orange one, and a gold and burgandy one.:yay The blue and orange one is the U of virginia and the gold and burgandy is redskins. Where did you find the gold? It's a nice color. Thank you so much Pogojr!

I recieved three squares today! From Shelby and from Judy. Thank you! The blue and white new yorker square is from Judy. Then I got a black and yellow square and a gold and red square. I have to look those up, I can't remember who they are. Those are from Shelby.

:yay I recieved two squares from Tammy, green and gold one for green bay packers and redwhite and blue for the patriots! They look great! I laid the squares out today and the blanket is pretty good size for him. Big enough to go on his bed if he chooses, but still ok to lug to the hospital. His family is having a big pig roast and mudding party, so he should have some fun!:clap to everyone who made squares! Thanks so much! I am crocheting around them, but I am taking a short break for the holidays in july, not too long and I will have pictures when the afghan is done by the end of July.

Archived