"I like crocheting more than knitting because _____________"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knitting needles take up so much room, whether I am sitting on the couch or in a vehicle. Knitting needles can be dangerous weapons. I have been poked by them, or worse, kids have been poked by them. When you drop a stitch or the whole needle falls out you are in for a time consuming job to pick up all the stitches--and hope they all get back on the needle correctly. Knitting has very nice stitch patterns, but using a third needle and double sided needles can become complicated. I'll just stay here and enjoy my crocheting!!

I lose track of where I am too easily in knitting. And the stitches seem to just fall off the needles if I don't pay attention.

Crochet is more forgiving and That's why I like it better.

:manyheart

"I like crocheting more than knitting because ________________."

(Fill in the blank.)

:cheer

but took up crochet because there was only one loop at a time to think about. I still do both because crocheted sweaters tend to have an open weave, so I will still knit the occasional sweater, but I much prefer to crochet.

1- I am not very good at knitting

2- there is more freedom and varietry in crocheting, I can work around, down, over, under, in front of and behind existing stitches in crocheting, but not in knitting!

3- The single hook as opposed to 2 needles thing is better for me too!

4- It was the first one I learned, so perhaps that is why I feel it is "EASIER":think

5- and as crocheters outnumber knitters, I am never surprised to find myself in the majority..:hook:hook:hook

Uh oh, I can't say that I like crocheting better than knitting! Can I still reply? LOL

Some things I like better ABOUT crochet than knitting:

It is much quicker and easier to crochet lace than knit it, especially when you are crocheting it directly onto an item. It is also quicker and easier to crochet an afghan and it makes a more sturdy fabric that won't stretch like knitting. The sturdier fabric is also better for items like purses, accessories, potholders, etc. It easier and more versatile for making dimensional novelty type items like flowers.

I like crochet better than needle knit,but I do loom knit,because It's easier on my wrist,easier to fix a mistake and I think faster to finish a project.

It is more forgiving, and I don't have to worry about loosing one needle and having to find a mate for the remaining one. When my hook is misplaced I just grab another. (they are smaller and fit in my purse :wink)

"I like crocheting more than knitting because ________________."

(Fill in the blank.)

:cheer

I feel like a moron holding the knitting needles. I am not co-ordinated enough for knitting! LOL.

I like crocheting better than knitting cause I can finish a crochet item in a fraction of the time it takes to knit the same item, and also because I've been crocheting for much, much, much longer (15 years. My amazing Grandma taught me when I was 5).

Funny thing is, I'm teaching her older friends to crochet and knit now and a few of them want me to start a crochet and knitting group when I move up to montana.

I like both, but I like crocheting more than knitting because:

It's easier to put down in a hurry, if you need to.

You don't have to worry about dropping a stitch.

It's faster.

Less cumbersome (one hook vs. two needles).

Pam says it all :) But I am going to add that I learnt to crochet before I learnt to knit and therefore crochet comes naturally to me :)

I heard crocheting is faster than knitting. I tried learning how to knit and I just couldn't figure it out. But I do want to learn someday, but I just want to learn how to make a simple dishcloth.

Carol:hook

I can knit but I just don't like to. Crochet is much more enjoyable. I can crochet without having to think about it. Crochet is more portable and I can put my project (well, most projects) down and not worry about losing my place.

I can't imagine my life without a hook and some yarn (ok, lots of yarn :P) in it. However, if I never got to pick up a pair of needles again, I think I'd be just fine.

Archived