Cupcake Cradle Purse Pattern (4 images)

Cupcake Cradle Purse Pattern
Variation of Tapanga’s Cupcake Purse Pattern

post-11825-135897401196_thumb.jpg
post-11825-135897401199_thumb.jpg
Note: This is a variation of tapanga’s Cupcake Purse pattern, Located here: Click Here.
I just made it smaller and be able to convert into a cradle. All credit goes to tapanga for creating the Cupcake Purse, otherwise I wouldn’t have come up with this variation.

Thank you, tapanga!!!!!! :manyheart

Materials:
WW yarn in 3 different colors
Cake color, Frosting Color, Trimming color
Size H hook
Size F hook
Yarn needle
6” inch baby doll

Directions:
Cake part:

Rnd1: Using a size H hook with cake color, ch4, join with sl st to 4th chain from hook (To form a ring). Ch2, 12 dc in ring, join with sl st to 1st dc. (12dc)
Rnd2: Ch 2, 2 dc in each stitch around. Join with slst to 1st dc. (24dc)
Rnd3: Ch2, 1 dc in same st, [2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st ] Do this 11 times, 2 dc in next st.. Join with a sl st to first dc. (36dc)
Rnd4: Ch2, 1 dc in same st, 1 dc in next st, [2 dc in next st, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts] Do this 11 times, 2 dc in next st. Join with sl st to first dc. (48dc)
Rnd5: Ch 2, 1 fpdc in same st, 1 fpdc in next st, [1 bpdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 fpdc in each of the next 2 sts ] Do this 11 times, 1 bpdc in each of the last 2 sts. Join with a sl st to first fpdc made. (48 post sts total. 24 fpdc & 24 bpdc)
Rnd 6-12: Repeat rnd 5 for rnds 6 thru 12. (48 post sts.)
Finish off and weave in ends.

Frosting part:

Rnd1: Using size H hook join frosting color with a sl st to any stitch of rnd 12 of the cake part. Ch 1, 1 sc in each st around. Join with sl st to first sc. (48sc)
Rnd 2: Ch1 sc in each st around, through back loops only. Join with a sl st to first sc. (48sc)
Rnd 3: Ch 2, 2 dc in same st, *1 dc in next st.* Repeat from * around. Do this rnd in front loops only. Join with sl st to first dc. (49dc)
Rnd 4: Ch 2, 2 dc in same stitch, *1 dc in next st* Repeat from * Around. Join with sl st to first dc. (50dc)
Rnd 5: Ch 2, 2 dc in same st, * 1 dc in next st*, repeat from * around. Do this round in front loops only. Join with sl st in first dc. (51dc)
Rnd 6: Ch 1, 2 sc in same st, *sc in next st*, repeat from * around. Join with sl st to first sc made. (52sc)
Rnd 7: Ch 2 , 2 dc in same st, *dc in next sts* repeat from * around. Do this rnd in front loops only. Join with sl st to first dc. (53dc)
Fasten off and weave in ends.
Rnd 8: Join trimming color with a sl st to any st. Ch 2, 2 dc in same st, * Dc in next st.* Repeat from * around. Join with sl st to first dc. (54dc)
Rnd 9: Ch 2, 2 dc in same st, [ch 1, skip next st, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts.] Do this 13 times, ch1, skip next st. Join with a sl st to first dc. (41 dc, 14 ch 1 spaces)
Rnd 10: Ch 1, sc in same st, 5dc in next ch 1 space, skip next dc, sc in next dc, skip next dc, [ 5 dc in ch 1 space, skip next dc, sc in next dc, skip next dc]Do this 13 times. Join with sl st to first sc. (14sc, 70dc)

Hood:
Fold down frosting part of purse. You will now be working in the loops left unused in rnd 2 of the frosting.
Row 1: Using size h hook join frosting color to any st, ch 1, sc in same st and sc in each of the next 21 sts. Ch1, turn. (22sc)
Row 2: Sc decrease next 2 sts together, sc in each of the next 19 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together. Ch1, turn. (20sc)
Row 3: Sc in each of the next 8 sts, [ sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this twice, sc in each of the next 8 sts. Ch1, turn. (18sc)
Row 4: Sc in each of the next 7 sts, [ sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this twice, sc in each of the next 7 sts. Ch1, turn. (16sc)
Row 5:Sc in each of the next 6 sc, [sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this twice, sc in each of the next 6 sts. Ch1, turn. (14sc)
Row 6: Sc in each of the next 5 sts, [sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this twice, sc in each of the next 5 sts. Ch1, turn. (12sc)
Row 7: Sc in each of the next 4 sts, [sc decrease next 2 sts to gether] do this twice, Sc in each of the next 4 sts. (10sc)
Finish off leaving a long tail for sewing. Sew the 2 sides of the hood together. Finish off and weave in ends.

Decorative trimming:
Note: You will be working on back loops left unworked of rnds 2, 4 and 6 of the frosting. For the outside trimming you will be working in the front loops left unworked of rnd 1 of frosting.
With size f hook join trimming color with a sc to any of the remaining loops of rnd 2 of frosting (same rnd the hood was worked on). Sc in each loop and row ends of hood around. Join with sl st to first sc. (about 40sc)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now the rest of the trimming is worked with a size H hook.

Join trimming color with a sc in any unworked back loop of rnd 4 of frosting, sc in each loop around, join with a sl st. (50 sc)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Join trimming color with a sl st to any back loop of rnd 6, sc in same space, 5 hdc in next loop, [1 sc in next loop, 5 hdc in next loop] Do this 25 times, join with sl st to first sc. (26 sc, 26 groups of 5 hdc [130hdc total]) (156 sts total)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unfold frosting part; you will be working on the outside of the cupcake, in the front loops of rnd 1.

Join trimming color to any of the front loops of rnd 1 with a slst, ch1, sc in same loop, 5 dc in next loop, [1 sc in next loop, 5 dc in next loop] Do this 23 times. Join with a sl st to first sc. (24sc, 24 groups of 5 dc [120 dc total]) (144sts total)

Straps: (make 2)

Using size f hook with frosting color ch 91, sl st in 2nd chain from hook and sl st in each of the remaining chains across. Fasten off leaving a 2” inch tail.
Repeat for other strap.
Weave in straps in and out of the ch1 spaces of Rnd 9 of frosting. Weave one strap in through the right side and the other strap through the left side. When you get them both weaved in and they look right, sl st each strap together.

Enjoy!!!!!!!

Variation is copyrighted to Amelia Beebe (aka champygirl)
May 20, 2008. Please do not claim this as your own and do not copy and paste variation to another site.

Photobucket pic links:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/crop4b.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/crop5.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/crop6.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/crop7.jpg

post-11825-135897401194_thumb.jpg

post-11825-135897401197_thumb.jpg

Edited by champygirl
Changed pics to attachments.
  • Like 3

I started one tonight!! Such a cute pattern and I'd have to say the only Cradle purse pattern that has actually appealed to my eye. It's just durn cute!! Great job!!

Thanks for the pattern!!

Julee

Love them - where did you get the little dolls?

I got them at Wal-mart in the doll aisle. They're in an open box, and priced individually. They're about a dollar each.

Thank you everybody!!!!:manyheart:hook:D

• 4 months later...

I really love this pattern!!!

I have three dgd's who will love this and I'm making them color coordinated with the little dolls I found at WalMart for $1 each.

I do have a problem though... I am very confused about how to do the straps. I have the two straps made, but I don't understand how to weave them in to get them how they are supposed to be. Besides how to weave them in, I am also stuck on how I would sl st the ends together if I've already finished them off, as the pattern says. Maybe I'm making this all harder than it is. :think

Can anyone help? Or maybe someone has a picture that shows them from the top that might help me visualize what I am doing.

TIA!

Straps: (make 2)

Using size f hook with frosting color ch 91, sl st in 2nd chain from hook and sl st in each of the remaining chains across. Fasten off leaving a 2” inch tail.

Repeat for other strap.

Weave in straps in and out of rnd 9 of frosting. Weave one strap in through the right side and the other strap through the left side. When you get them both weaved in and they look right, sl st each strap together.

Hope this helps:

Weave in straps in and out of the ch1 spaces of Rnd 9 of frosting. Weave one strap in through the right side and the other strap through the left side.

When you get them both weaved in and they look right, sl st each strap together.

When I say look right it just means so that the straps are weaved in to the equal amount of ch1 spaces.

You will want to have the straps weaved in so the ends are out to join.

You could either draw up a loop with your tail and join with a sl st to the other end of the strap or you can use the tail to sew the 2 ends together of each strap.

I really love this pattern!!!

I have three dgd's who will love this and I'm making them color coordinated with the little dolls I found at WalMart for $1 each.

I do have a problem though... I am very confused about how to do the straps. I have the two straps made, but I don't understand how to weave them in to get them how they are supposed to be. Besides how to weave them in, I am also stuck on how I would sl st the ends together if I've already finished them off, as the pattern says. Maybe I'm making this all harder than it is. :think

Can anyone help? Or maybe someone has a picture that shows them from the top that might help me visualize what I am doing.

TIA!

Edited by champygirl

:cheer By George, I think I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (LOL!):cheer

Thanks a lot for the help champygirl! For some reason I just wasn't comprehending what I was supposed to do, but now that I've done it, it's like "duh", ha ha.

I'll post a picture as soon as I finish the second one, so everyone can see the color schemes I'm using.

• 3 months later...

Hi Amelia,

Thank you for such a wonderful pattern. I made it for my 5 yr. old niece for Christmas. She loved it! I was able to find a 6" Cinderella baby so it was perfect. The cradle alone is beautiful! It was also an easy pattern to follow and it took me a day to make (a couple of hours)

I added a CD at the bottom to give the bag support and I added a sponge (cut into a circle) for a mattress.

Thanks again!