Cross stitch to filet

MithraGoddess

I have a pattern I want to do for my family,

but I am not sure how to get the text into filet

I want to change it from cross stitch to filet but I am not quite sure how to do it if you all can give me some tips?

(pattern linked below)

Here

The easiest way to do that would be to do either a sc or tunisian chart ghan and embroider the words on the top.

Filet is better suited to black and white patterns than something with so many colors.

To get the text into a filet what you have to do is color in the squares where the text appears so that instead of the back stitching, you will have blocks. Print out a copy of the chart, then with a pencil, wherever there is a line of text, color in that square.

Also, to improve your filet image, outline the 3 parts of the pacifier with open spaces.

The easiest way to do that would be to do either a sc or tunisian chart ghan and embroider the words on the top.

Filet is better suited to black and white patterns than something with so many colors.

How would I do this?

My only problem.. otherwise I was thinking about making the letters into blocks... would be that I wanted to keep the stitching because it was pretty

As for size I want it to be a fair size... maybe around a foot square

...but that text is so thin - it's going to look overwhelming in blocks. (at least I think so)

Maria's totally right about outlining with the open spaces - what a great idea. I'm sure that however you work it out - it'll be beautiful!

Here's couple examples filet. You can do it if you want to chart the pattern into black and white an use the open blocks for detailing.

P7070286.jpgbrilliantcrossin10and20.jpg

Here's a couple examples of using the graph to make a color picture. To do these you would sc the piece or use tunisian crochet for the color changes

P1040068.jpgP1300125.jpg

If you want to do something small like 12"sq then you don't want to write out the words in filet blocks. That'll take up the whole size.

There's lots of tutorials around for when you decide how you want to do this.

Awesome... I think I can figure out how to do that...

The only problem with my afghan stitch is one side is wonky and squished and the other end is nice and smooth and perfect :/

Archived