Chelle's Poncho Question

YaYa Yarnhood

Question

Ok, unless I am just a big dork this has probably been asked before... As I am working the rounds is the bottom round supposed to look like a big ruffle at the bottom. I have kept going as they seem to be pulling donw as I go and I assume the last row will pull it all the way down to look like a poncho? Or am I doing something wrong?:?

4 answers to this question

I went back to other posts and looked at some more pictures and I think that I figured out my problem. From row 3 on when it says to trcshell in each ch sp around I am doing 2 shells for each one trc v-stitch and then at row 4 I am doing 2 shells for each one shell st from row 3. The reason I came up with 2 for every previous one is that the pattern says trcsh in each ch sp around and since the V's and shells have 2 ch in the middle of each I was putting 2 there (2ch=2sp). I should only be doing 1 shell for each previous V and shell, correct? Did that make sense? Well even if it didn't I think I figured out my mistake and I frogged it up to row 2 and I will try again. I know it is just me being a dork because from the # of posts with your poncho on it, it seems everyone else can read the pattern just fine. DOH! And it is a beauftiful poncho BTW!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you :) Yes, you are adding 2 shells when there should only be one. When it says to trc shell in each ch sp that means in the space, not each chain stitch. There are 2 chain stitches, but there's only one space. I hope it works out correctly for you the second time around!

Archived