Who taught you to crochet? Age?

Who taught you how to crochet?

How old were you when you learned?

:cheer

My lovely mom taught me to crochet when I was 8 years old. Along with

how to embroider and I believe I inherited her artistic talent also. She

ALWAYS had materials around the house for me to CREATE whatever and

whenever I pleased! I LOVE MY MOM!!! :) She was an AWESOME LADY!!!

My older sister Marsha (bless her heart) taught me ... I was about 10. I can remember her making me do row after row of single crochet and then row after row of double crochet ... she wanted to make certain I got that turning aspect down, and made certain I was not going from 10 stitches to 7 stitches in about three rows ... LOL! Once I learned those two basic steps, I was able to self-teach myself after that.

:cheer

When I was in fourth grade, I spent the night at my best friends house and the next day she told me she had to go to her crochet class. Well I didn't want to stay at her house all by myself. LOL So I went to "crochet class" with her. It was so funny, we walked across the street to her neighbors house. While we were there, the lady offered to teach me to crochet and I have been crocheting ever since. Luckily, my Mom knew how to crochet (which I never knew before that), so she could help when I got stuck, but it wasn't one of her favorite things to do.

Debby

Let's see, my sister-in-law taught me to crochet (there are no yarnies on my side of the family since my nana passed. Wierd!) and I believe I was 34 or so, so about 4 years I've been crocheting...

I was about 8 yrs old when I was taught by a neighbor. My mom used to crochet with thread and I didn't much like that so the neighbor showed me how to work with yarn. My grandmother tried to but she was left handed and I was right.

So I figure I've crochet for about 37 yrs. Also, I'm selftaught on knitting. Mostly basics and cables. that I've been doing for about 3 yrs now.

My mom taught me when I was little (probably between 6-8 years old). Over the years I forgot, but when I got pregnant with my first in 2001, I picked up my hooks again and re-taught myself!

I was about 8 when my Gram taught me, I then put it aside until I was about 26 and reminded myself how to do it from a book of stitches. I recently inherited all of her crochet hooks just before she passed in November.

I was left handed and so was my sister who crocheted! I was 25. What was so funny was that her husband and my husband were into the super mario brothers game and I was bored sitting there watching and I was pregnant so i thought it was a good time to learn. To this day I hear that game it makes me want to crochet! lol

My mom taught me (with thread) when I was 7 or 8, crocheting edgings on linen napkins and attempting to make doilies. I began crocheting with yarn in college during the '60's knitting craze. I crocheted until my children were born, then didn't have a lot of time thru the years except for the occasional scarf or baby sweater. As my children left home, I got back into it, and now I crochet every day.

BTW, my mom's 81 now and still crochets about every day, with thread. She's on a tablecloth kick right now, making tablecloths for her daughters and granddaughters.

i remember roughly 7 years old from my grandma, according to my father it was more like 5 when she started teaching me. she taught me to knit first, then crochet. i didnt do a lot of knitting until the last 5 years or so, so although i knew knit/purl/yo i selftaught cables, lace, in the round etc etc. my other gransma taught me to quilt at about 8 (this is what happens when you are the last child of older parents and daycare = retired grandmas!) i love all of the crafts i was taught and have also picked up beading on my own aswell

My left handed mom taught me when I was about 12 or so. I sat across from her and learned by basically mirror image. What I know in knit, I taught myself in the last year using some videos online.

My Aunt (Dad's big sister) taught me when I was 7 or 8. I used to sit and watch her crochet all fascinated. I first learnt in thread, I have no idea why....I love my aunt dearly for what she taught me. she's just made me a baby blanket for my baby that's due in October and it's something I'll treasure forever.