New Disabled Crocheter in Town

ChasKitty

Welcome Chastity! You have found a wonderful place to chat, visit, question, vent, hang out, show off crochet projects, read, and just be you! It is really great here.

:welcome Chastity.

I use to live in Austin and never cared for it or for San Antonio although San Antonio does have an Australian store that sells some great treats that I miss (Aussie by birth) but that was it's one pro for me :) Oh, I met my darling husband on the internet too :D

Looking forward to seeing your work!

:welcome to the Ville from VA.

You are an amazing person Chasity! :yes It's wonderful that you have not let limitations keep you from doing things you enjoy, like crafts.

I have not heard of EB so thank you for your website so I could learn about it. EB must be so painful. :( I cannot imagine. :hug It is sad but very inspiring too. I wear hearing aids for hereditary hearing loss but it is not created much limitations for me. But whenever I get down & think I can't do something or wishing I had it easier I think of others, like you... who deal with so much in life and do not let it stop them.

Enjoy crocheting & it's great that you found Crochetville! Everyone here is very friendly & helpful so don't hesitate to ask questions or post your projects, we are very supportive group. :) I am sure you will like it here.

Our abilities define us, for sure! It is great that you love to crochet. Who do you bless with your creations? In the heat, I'm sure you prefer smaller projects. Do you sell anything that you make? I would love to see photos of what you have made. God Bless you for your attitude!

Welcome from VA :hi I visited your site and was glad to learn more about EB. I'm going to purchase one of the necklaces mentioned too. I also put a link to your site on my forum :) Keep :crocheting and post some of your work. I'd love to see it!! I found a website for parafricta and you can actually buy it online HERE.

I don't know if they can now sell directly to the USA or not, last time I ordered from the company I had to have it sent to my friends in Scotland, who forwarded it to us, as they didn't sell outside Great Britain and Europe.

This is great news, I paid by paypal last time I ordered, too. We want to get a few more pillowcases for Tim since every now and then his gets mixed up in the facilities laundry and takes a few days or more to get back to him.

Thank you all so much for your support!

I will have to add a picture of my finished set of dishcloth/scrubbies for my MIL, I did 3 for her, those are the only projects I've finished so far, the rest I frogged or gave up on. LOL. I have several practice swatches as I'm a perfectionist I won't try something til I KNOW I can do it. XD

Hi from Sunderland, MA!

I applaud you for not letting EB stand in your way of doing what you love. I too know of EB from watching Discovery Health channel (I totally geek out on medical shows like that - maybe I was a doctor in a past life;)

It amazes me how adaptable people are when they're faced with adversity. My niece has cystic fibrosis and she's the most well adjusted toddler I know.

Good luck! I just started crocheting too and am already addicted.

LG

Welcome from yet another disabeled crochert I am a 60% disabled vet and have nerve damage in my left sholder and left arm my left hand goes numb alot thank God I crochet with my right hand this is a great place to learn and make friends you will like the ville and keep looking for new things to learn it makes life much more fun :cheer

:yes So many sweeeeeet crocheters! :manyheart I feel like I've been here my whole life. I think I've finally found a forum I'll stay at. :dance:jumpyay

Anywhos... I'm sooo tired :tired and would rather sleep :sleep but I still have to do my bath/skin care/rebandaging routine. :help:bang:headache

:lol I love these smilies! :bheart

:rabbit Chastity :cat

:lurk PS. Here are my very first finished projects! :cheerhttp://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78974

I have made a bunch of swatches :crocheting before for practice, but these are all I've finished so far. They will be going to my SO's mother :grandma. PLEASE don't be afraid :scared to give me critiques :goodorbad , we all gotta learn :book somehow. I won't bite. :wink

PPS. Why do we have a cool animated "K-Word":knitsmilie, but our crochet smilie isn't quite as spiffy? If I make some crochet smilies :compute could they be added to Crochetville? Yes, I do graphic/pixel/traditional painting :artist too, :eek.

Archived