Filet

tayzeanna

How difficult is it to do filet crochet? I am thinking about joining the Greek Games in Aug here on the 'ville but I want to do something challenging. I have never done filet before and thought that it might be a good challenge for me to learn during that time. However I want the challenge to be fairly good too. I don't want it to be something I can complete in one day. Anyone have any suggestions for patterns to use?

I would strongly suggest starting with a smaller piece that's not overwhelming. You could do my free prayer cloth pattern (it's only a 5inch square) and by the time you're finished you'll have the converting blocks into stitches down.

Smart Crochet has an EXCELLENT tutorial.

THanks for the pattern. I might use that as my practice piece.

fillet was the first thing i learnt it was a beautiful pink rose doily. My mother loved it. I was only 16 at the time.

So go for it it is good fun.

How difficult is it to do filet crochet? I am thinking about joining the Greek Games in Aug here on the 'ville but I want to do something challenging. I have never done filet before and thought that it might be a good challenge for me to learn during that time. However I want the challenge to be fairly good too. I don't want it to be something I can complete in one day. Anyone have any suggestions for patterns to use?

Hey!

Filet is one of those things that sounds scarier :eek than it really is! My first one was the Daffodil table runner. It did teach me a lot about even tension and techniques for blocking which I didn't have before.

For my Games challenge, I've designed my own, using the Sandcastle Software, I'm just trying to decide whether to do it in sportweight or #10 thread.

There are a lot of free filet patterns here - that may suit!

Good luck!

Manda

Thank you very much everyone for your input on this thread. I was actually going to ask for help because I'm designing my own filet crochet charts for hangings for our house and I wanted to know where was a good place to get advice on what to do and this helped a lot... thank you! :) :) :)

I am going to make a filet something for the games. Does anyone want to join a filet team? Maria Merlino has offered to help me with a pattern. As soon as I know what I am making, I will officially sign up.

I would love to do a filet team!

I've gotten a REALLY nice graph paper book and i've been graphing up a storm of things i want to do for me and my beau.

Let me know what you've got going :) I'll join!

I think I am just about ready to sign up for the games.

I will be joining (or maybe starting) a designer's team and team filet.

I have the wording part of my design (50 x 80 blocks) printed out (Thanks to Maria Merlino :yay) now I just have to put the border on.

I have posted a thread in the design den, so if anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them!

Hope you all join one of my teams! See ya in the games!!!:cheer

Archived