UPDATE: I swear I'm not dead! (Formerly: Urgent Comfortghan Request)

Captain Hook

Heres the info on the squares I am sending...

All 12" squares 1.muted pink and purple

2.varagated blue, green and cream with cream around

the edges

3. varagated yarn called starbrights it is bright yellow,blue,

pink, purple, green

I think you can use one square for each of the 3 comfort ghans you are making. I will get these sent out today or tomorrow. Can make more but will get these to you asap and if you need more let me know.

Barbara

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barbara, thank you very, very much! I will write this down and let you know how they get here and if I need more help from you. :hug Also, it was very nice of you to make one for each comforghan. Those all sound perfect!

Hey there Cap'n! hehe

I have one deep crimson, one crimson and cream, one minty greenish, and one orangish apricoty color, and hopefully have time to do one in verigated pastels.

Is good?:hook

I have 11 squares leftover from donations to my sister Patti's 'ghan that I would like to donate to your 'ghans as well. They are from various members of Crochetville and all 7" squares and various colors. I would like to donate them to you. Please PM me your mailing address and I will get them out to you tomorrow.

Thank you, Cordelia! Those sound beautiful and I already know which comfortghan to assign to each of them. :tup I can't wait to see them!

Cheryl, that's super-nice of you! Hmm. I had to think about it for a few minutes (I kept trying to figure out a way that 7" inch squares could be laid out in a comfortghan that takes multiples or divisions of 12 inches) but the solution finally came to me: enlargement. I'll crochet around the edges of them in either a matching color or the border color to bring them to a neatly-fitting 12".

Thank you so much for offering them to me! I was sure for a minute there that I would have to decline, even though I desperately wanted to accept. :) I'll private message you momentarily.

Melissa - wow! Thank you! That sounds like one for each comfortghan. I'm so glad someone else did tunisian squares... I've been wondering if mine would be the only ones. I will write that down. Thank you again - for both your squares and your prayers. :hug

Hi Maryann! I'm making the following colors for the comfortghan: (all 12" squares)

1. pink, baby blue (have to buy yarn as I found out that what I have is sportsweight)

2. dark gray (2 more rows)

3. red with royal blue variegated (finished)

:hook

I'll be sending these out Monday morning, Maryann.

Take care.....:hug

Does this mean you do or don't need the squares I'm sending? I'm a bit confused. Are you counting the ones I plan(ned) on sending out today?

Cheryl - I believe she still plans on using your squares, she will just enlarge them to fit the comfortghan. She has enough volunteers to complete the comfortghan if everybody sends the squares that they promised, that is what I am understanding from her message on page 1.

Michelle

Thanx, Michelle! I'm just waiting for the Post Office to open and didn't know whether to go ahead & send them or find someone else who could use them. They'll go today!

Maryann, your squares are on their way. You should receive them by the middle of the coming week. There is 10-12 squares in a small white box. Be on the lookout for it. I put "Crochetville Squares" on the back of the box.

Thank you very much, Jackie! I will write that down and keep track. I appreciate you making one for each comfortghan, by the way. :) They sound very pretty.

Michelle - Thank you very much for clearing that up with Cheryl. Yes, you're quite right. It was Amber and Cheryl's squares that put my estimate up to my goal.

Cheryl, thank you very much for sending out the squares! I'm sorry about the confusion, and I'm glad Michelle was there to help clear things up. Your squares are very much appreciated. I'm being flooded with squares... ah... I'm drowning!! :D I can't wait to see them.

Oh, Jackie, wait... You didn't mean you were buying more yarn because I said I prefered worsted, did you? Because sports weight is fine, I was just saying it was a preference. Please don't go out and buy more because you think what you have in your stash is unacceptable somehow, because that's fine, I promise!

It's ok, Maryann....it gives me an excuse to got out as I need to get some threads ordered from me. My supplier has lots of acrylic yarns and I've never got any yarns from her. I sent you a PM.

Oh, okay, Jackie. I'm glad you don't mind because I was thinking "What kind of heel must she think I am, making her buy new yarn?" Your supplier will be pleased, at least! :)

I'm so sorry about the sad update Maryann...please let us know if you need more squares and/or yarn for joining.

Rebecca, you're PM has been sent. In short, no, you're not in on this one, but thanks, anyway!

Cordelia, thank you. You're so nice. No more squares are needed, and thanks to everyone being so helpful and an incredibley generous donation from Renee in particular, joining yarn is no longer a problem. Good of you to ask, though. :)

Maryann, I'm so sorry for the loss of your Aunt and will pray for your grandfather. Have a safe trip & don't worry about anything until things are settled. What an awful thing to have happened to your family. Two terrible events at one time. My heart & prayers are with you & your family. :hug

Archived