:) Daisies Everywhere :)

well i have my daisy wheel worked out and im on a roll.. after numerous odd looking daisies i am now working on the 98 daisies i need for the Baby Matinee Jacket im making..

18 down 80 to go :cheer

anyone else tried daisy wheels or bloom/flower looms.. THEY ROCK

if you havnt tried it.. seriously have a go.. :clap

my pattern is from a rather old copy of Patons Woolcraft

Daisy Wheel Matinee Jacket

No. 5176

its soooo cute in the black n white picture :D

Dee, Wondering if you could please post some pics of your daisy wheel and the daisy's you have made. I have something here to make little things out of yarn that sound very similiar to what you are talking about, but I don't have a pattern or instructions for it. And I'm not sure what it is called. I won it in some vintage item off of ebay.

Thank you,

Debby

Yes, the daisy wheel is similar to the knit wit one. I lost my daisy wheel and someone had given me an old one they had and weren't using. I was going to make a shawl with the daisys and then ended up purchasing the "knit wit" ones with a pattern booklet. I actually prefer the knit wit ones more. They really are a lot of fun. Here's a link to the instructions for the daisy one:http://www.knitting-and.com/small-looms/crazy-instructions.htm:)

I have the Knit Wit daisy wheel plus the Bloom Loom. I much prefer the Bloom Loom because it doesn't have the metal spokes to poke me. My mother made a dress for me using the knit wit daisy wheel when I was very small...many years ago.

I've only made a couple of flowers with the Bloom Loom for trim on slippers I crochet for DD last fall, but thought it was the easiest to use. I also have another flower/weaving loom gadget that you place pegs in holes according to the size daisy you want to make. I much prefer the Bloom Loom although it isn't as versatile.

Beverly

here is the daisy wheel i have http://www.crochetaustralia.com.au/prod3503.htm

and here are a range of looms, including the knit-wits and bloom looms etc http://www.knitting-and.com/small-looms/loomsandyarns.htm

and the instructions for using the metal daisy wheel i have http://www.knitting-and.com/small-looms/crazy-instructions.htm

i will add some pics of my creations when i can..

You're cruisin' along with those daisys, abc-dee! I would love to see your finished jacket! I bet it will be very pretty when done. Keep on working :clap.

thanks #1Crochetfan.. i got to 50 daisies but my cat got to my daisies and im now back to square one..

my lovely cat seems to be into destruction at the moment ..

so pics will definately be delayed :(

• 2 weeks later...
I have the Knit Wit daisy wheel plus the Bloom Loom. I much prefer the Bloom Loom because it doesn't have the metal spokes to poke me. My mother made a dress for me using the knit wit daisy wheel when I was very small...many years ago.

I've only made a couple of flowers with the Bloom Loom for trim on slippers I crochet for DD last fall, but thought it was the easiest to use. I also have another flower/weaving loom gadget that you place pegs in holes according to the size daisy you want to make. I much prefer the Bloom Loom although it isn't as versatile.

Beverly

I need to make a correction. I have a Crazy Daisy Loom - not a Knit Wit daisy loom. The Crazy Daisy loom is what my mother used to make me a dress. Here's a couple of photos.

P5240008.jpg

P5240007.jpg

Beverly

I have this Hiawatha Loom, also. Here are photos of it and the pegs for it.

P5240011.jpg

P5240010.jpg

I much prefer the Boye Bloom loom. It's much simpler.

Beverly

I have one I'm trying to get rid of b/c I don't use it and it's just sitting there. I don't use my knitting looms either, they just sit there collecting dust.

i have the birch daisy wheel - made of metal..

im trying to get hold of something similar to the one with the pegs, or something with multiple sizing as i want to make flowers with numerous sized petals..

Archived