Wanna play with filet?

Due to runny eyes from allergies i only have the first row done I can't see well. I have had to go to doctors, school events and groceries so not much crochet done in the past two days. I also found out that my sister's husband is due home from Iraq June 1 about a month earlier thatn originally thought so i have to have my niece's dress done in two weeks instead of a month :bang

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, ladies!

Chrissy, I am sorry you're not feeling well. Are you crocheting or sewing a dress for your niece? (Sorry, even if I read about this before my short-term memory is terrible — ask my family! :confused)

Thanks, ladies!

Chrissy, I am sorry you're not feeling well. Are you crocheting or sewing a dress for your niece? (Sorry, even if I read about this before my short-term memory is terrible — ask my family! :confused)

I am crocheting a dress and it wil be the only one it is a oain in my butt but it is almost finished just boring as it is dc this row then sc this row then dc again until it is 3 inches from this spot then do this it is boring.

Hi, I just saw this thread. I just finished a large (about 24" square) filet project recently (posted on the doily-along CAL) and am working on a bruges doily at the moment, or I might be tempted to start another filet one with y'all here. Maybe later. Hope you don't mind if I look over your shoulders :)

Just a note - do use the nickel plated pins for blocking, the plain steel ones WILL rust. I had nickel plated ones that I used for sewing, I abused them and some of the plating came off and, yep, rust-spotted doilies. I bought some new nickel plated pins I keep just for blocking.

Here is a simple tip that works for me - I mark my progress on a filet chart by penciling in the row number I've just ended, at the point I ended it. All the even numbers are on one side, the odds on the other. This way I know how far I've gone when I pick it up the next day, as well as which direction I need to go. It's easy to erase the marks, simple and efficient. I also work with a ruler ABOVE the row I'm working on, covering up the next rows, so I am looking at the same thing on the pattern as I am in my work.

Here's a cheer :cheer of encouragement to you all to get in an extra row today!

Hello, Granny Square. Do join us — we would love to have you! I checked out your filet piece over on the Doily CAL. It's beautiful! I know some little girls who would love to have something like that on the wall in their room. And thank you for the tips. Keep 'em coming if you have more.

I am sewing in a determined, clinched-jaw fashion. I want to FINISH this napkin project and get it in the mail to the lady. I've got other sewing for a granddaughter, for me, and some filet crochet to do!

Hi, I just saw this thread. I just finished a large (about 24" square) filet project recently (posted on the doily-along CAL) and am working on a bruges doily at the moment, or I might be tempted to start another filet one with y'all here. Maybe later. Hope you don't mind if I look over your shoulders :)

Just a note - do use the nickel plated pins for blocking, the plain steel ones WILL rust. I had nickel plated ones that I used for sewing, I abused them and some of the plating came off and, yep, rust-spotted doilies. I bought some new nickel plated pins I keep just for blocking.

Here is a simple tip that works for me - I mark my progress on a filet chart by penciling in the row number I've just ended, at the point I ended it. All the even numbers are on one side, the odds on the other. This way I know how far I've gone when I pick it up the next day, as well as which direction I need to go. It's easy to erase the marks, simple and efficient. I also work with a ruler ABOVE the row I'm working on, covering up the next rows, so I am looking at the same thing on the pattern as I am in my work.

Here's a cheer :cheer of encouragement to you all to get in an extra row today!

Welcome...good to know about the pins...I sew too and I should know what pins are what, but I've forgotten...making a mental note for later...

My Noah ghan is DONE...but it's late over here, so I'm not sure I'll get to any filet tonight...

Yay! :D LeAnna, glad you're finished. Now I have to ask since this has occurred to my peabrain: is the 'ghan for Noah or is it a Noah's Ark design?

(You see how much sewing I'm doing, don't ya?)

Yay! :D LeAnna, glad you're finished. Now I have to ask since this has occurred to my peabrain: is the 'ghan for Noah or is it a Noah's Ark design?

(You see how much sewing I'm doing, don't ya?)

It's the Noah's Ark baby afghan that was featured on the cover of Crochet! magazine...and I made LOTS of additions...take a peek...last two pictures on this link:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BZuHDlwyaqKRg

Your link told me "The session had timed out" and "Shared pictures not available". Maybe you can post them on the thread later? Or just tell us where to look on C'ville to see your Noah's Ark!

Carla, your work looks GREAT!

LeAnna, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS on finishing the Noah-ghan! It must feel great to have that done!

Well, here is my Doily In Progress. I have 7 rows done so far. I'm taking a break this weekend to participate in a golf tournament and the Charity Squares Blitz. I hope to have a few more rows done to post next Friday. I hope everyone has a blessed weekend!!

Patty

Doily.jpg

LeAnna, Noah's Ark is so cute! Some little one is going to be very happy to get that adorable 'ghan!

Patty, I can tell you've already got the rythym of it down! It's going to be so pretty when you finish! And thank you for the compliment on mine.

I think filet is going to be a new adventure for several of us... :hook

I haven't taken a pic yet, but the little filet I did this week of the kitty in #20 thread...well I took that piece and stitched it onto a red velvet throw pillow case and it really makes the kitty pop! I like it...

Okay, I'm off to bed...it's after 2:00 a.m.

Hope you got a good night's sleep, LeAnna!

So last night I finally sat down to crochet a bit. I really wanted to do 4 rows but I am not particularly fast and only finished 3, smugly smiling and saying I could catch up on that last Friday 4th row on Saturday. I lovingly looked back at my 3rd row and... there was a mistake.

I took out half the row and went to bed. :oops

well today is laundry day so my plan is to take only one project with me to the laundry...my filet. we will see how it goes with about two hours of crochet time.

How is it going, ladies? I was able to get a few rows done yesterday. I wish I had clued in about the "extended double crochet" when I first started because I can see the distortion from the chart. Oh well.

not too much progress today. we are going to adopt a two year old jack Russell Terrier and he spent the day with us. so most of my day was walking, playing and socializing him and our little chihuahua mix

Sorry I don't have any in-progress pics. Maybe I'll try that later today, if I can get my camera and cable away from my teenage son. However, since we started this CAL, I'm finished about 1/2 of the work left on my project. I had just over 40 rows left to do, and I've done 20!! I'm really happy about it. When I finish this project...and the other one on my hook (involving several joined pieces)...and the speaking engagement I have this weekend...and get a ladies' tea event planned, or at least underway, I am going to start another painted doily. Summer sunny days are the time to work with sewing thread!

Hi, I haven't been able to work on my filet project since last week so I have not made to much progress. This is the filet project I am working on: http://crochet.about.com/library/n020407.htm When I am finish I am planning on framing it to be used as a picture. I decided I needed a refresher course on filet crochet so I picked this easy pattern. Hugs :hook

Archived